Sunday, November 8, 2020

"Together" Home Decor piece ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
I'm excited for today's post. 

Sandi Clarkson here sharing my latest Home Decor piece for Creative Embellishments
These Home Decor pieces are made from 3/16" plywood and are perfect for altering or in some instances, for using bare to showcase multiple layers of decor. 



I knew right away that I wanted to order the gorgeous Large Leaf piece as soon as I spied it in the CE storefront and do something Fall-ish with it. However, when it arrived, I liked it SOOO much "as is" that I waited awhile before altering it. In the end, I knew it would be awesome once I started adding some Fall touches to it. But I most certainly will order another one simply to use "naked."  

After deciding what direction I wanted to rotate my piece, I applied a thick layer of crackle paste and allowed that to dry overnight. You will get the best crackle effects if you allow it to air dry. 

Once my crackle was dry, I began adding color using my 13 Arts water inks in olive, brown, yellow amber as well as my Woodbine mist. I painted all of it with a brush and dried each color separately but knowing that they would blend somewhat without letting them get too muddy. 

It was so hard to decide on a photo but ultimately another horse photo took the win. 
I felt the photo needed some strength to balance out the dark background. 




Tucked under my photo is a blackened Punchinella Panel. I had planned to use my Punchinella Pieces but couldn't find them quickly enough. So much for my great filing system! So I just cut away a section of the panel, painted it and tucked it under the focal area. 


I've also used a couple of pieces of the Acorn Clusters which were painted brown with olive green leaves. Then I added some waxes and some more paint to give them character. I tucked one on the upper left and one on the lower right of the photo. 



For my title piece I used the word Together from the Family Word Border Set. It was also painted black and accented with gold wax. 
Ahhh, don't you love that crackle?! 



As far as further embellishments I used some green roots, a metal key and a bow from last year's ribbon. 
Here is a close-up of the focal area. 

I finished off the piece with some splattering of gold paint and Ranger's Wild Honey. 

This Decor piece was so, so fun to create! 
The stars must have been perfectly aligned because the whole process went so easily and creating was just a dream. 
So relaxing! 

Thanks so much for coming by. 

I hope you have a chance to play along with the November Challenge! 
It's a great one. For all the details, please visit the CE Blog

See you next time! 
Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

2 comments: