Thursday, January 21, 2021

"Jingle Bell Traditions" with Sandi Clarkson ~ Creative Embellishments

 Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today. 

For today's project share I have my final Christmas project until later this year. 

My daughters and I have a 20 plus year old tradition of getting together to shop for Christmas gifts and enjoy one anothers' company. They laugh that it's all about "the food," the antics and the awesome foot massages we treat ourselves to. With a combination of isolating along with 2 members of the team already having Covid, we were able to do it again this last year .... but in a safe way. No one got sick from this outing. I promise. Also, one of the granddaughters was able to come along. 

Our tradition is so engrained in us that we pick our Girls Shopping Day date even before scheduling Thanksgiving and Christmas. We pick a date but we don't even say what time or where! But like magic, we all show up at the same mall, same entrance and at the same time every year. 

I happened to take note of the cute Santa Star Sleigh in the CE Store and ordered it. I knew it would be cute for something! When I received it, I knew just how I wanted to use it! 

I had fun altering it with my 13 Arts watercolors and some waxes. I filled it with berries and stems from the Poinsettia Set

My papers are older Bo Bunny. I haven't bought Christmas themed paper in years because I will never be able to use all that I have in my stash, LOL! 

Next I set about altering my Tall TreesPine Trees and Heritage Words with more of my 13 Arts watercolors and then used wax on the title. Everything got a coating of Aileen's Glitter Snow. 


Isn't this just an adorable little piece? There are 2 in a set, in slightly different sizes. 



You can see one of my Pine Trees along the right hand side of my photo. 



The Tall Trees are on the left of the photo. 
They were painted an olive green and then coated with glitter snow. 



Here is my awesome title pieces which I painted brown and then covered with gold wax. You can find it in the store right here: Heritage Words



I included this shot to show you a close-up of the stamping and stenciling done with the Distressed Patterns Stencil and the Circle Bokeh Stamp. That Bokeh stamp remains a fave even after my many years with this team.

I finished the layout with a good splattering of watered-down gesso and then, gold mist. 

That's about it for me today. I hope some of you are still scrapping your Christmas photos and that this will inspire you a bit! 

See you next time! 
Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used:
Chipboard:
Stencil:
Stamp:


No comments:

Post a Comment