Monday, March 1, 2021

Lovely Memories ~ Creative Embellishments March Challenge

 Welcome to March, everybody! 

And to a new Challenge over at Creative Embellishments! 

This month we are featuring a sketch Challenge. What a great way to break a new page and get fantastic results! 


I decided to go the vintage route this time around and chose some photos of my Mom, Dad, Aunt and myself from many years ago on a trip to Indiana. 

I decide to use the Time Flies Frame Set and printed my photos accordingly. 
While that was drying, I went ahead and prepped my papers and used the Clock Stencil and modeling paste. For dimension, I also used the Circle Bokeh Stamp

The twist to the Challenge is to use stitching, faux or real, so I've used the Cross Stitch Border under my focal area. All my chipboard was painted with Walnut Stain. 



The sketch shows a banner across the top which of course, is optional but I chose to mimic it and used the Mason Jar Banner.   When I began adhering my banner, I realized that I had painted the wrong side of the banner. I would have just flipped it over but I already had glue on my chipboard. The only difference is that the true side has laser cut etched details which really made the mason jars pop. 

You can see some of my stamping here as well. 




For color and to highlight the raise areas of the stencils, I have used 13 Arts Yellow Amber water ink and pushed it with water. 



Here's a close up of the Cross Stitch border. It's such a great piece! And perfect for my Mom as she was an accomplished seamstress. 



I adore all the chipboard frames with these cut out words. There are several of them in the store. 



For softness, I've added some flowers throughout the design.. 
I've been using less flowers lately as well as going smaller with them than in the past. 

Thanks for coming by today! 
See you next time.

Here is the sketch: 




Can't wait to see what you create! 



Creative Embellishments products used: 

Time Flies Frame Set

Mason Jar Banner

Clock Stencil

Circle Bokeh Stamp


2 comments: