Friday, November 12, 2021

Autumn Color ~ Oversized Tag for Creative Embellishments

 Hello, creative friends! 

Wow, this month is really flying by but I am trying to "feel all the Autumn feels" before I plunge headlong into Christmas! 



Today I'm sharing an oversized Tag created using one of the Creative Embellishments tags from the Large Tags set of 3. These tags are about 5.5 inches wide by 10 inches high and I find them to be just a perfect size substrate for me to create with. When all else fails, I grab a tag and the creative juices begin to flow. 

For this piece I've used an older photo of my grandson Bobby during a Fall photo shoot. He was picking a dandelion and examining it with all his grandest curiosity. Kids are so funny! 

My papers are older Blue Fern Studios Autumn Anthology. 



Here is another vantage point. I was losing daylight trying to get these photos and even the light box wasn't helping much! But it does show you approximately the size of it compared to my hand. 

Another thing about working on these tags is that you can tuck in some of your older, larger florals and get them used up .. finally. 

My base layer is the Large Tag which is covered with my papers and then the next layer under the focal area is the Falling Leaves which you can see is also quite large and covers a great deal of the tag. I placed it vertically instead of horizontally to fit my tag better and because it didn't really matter since it was an under layer. 

My frame is the Fall Frame (original). I've also included a few leaves from the Autumn Leaves set. 
All my chipboard was treated the same. It's been altered with a layer of clear gesso, then inks from 13 Arts (Olive Green and Woodbine.) Along with that I've splattered some Tim Holtz Wild Honey Oxide ink. I've also done some random stamping with brown archival ink and the Distressed Moroccan Stamp




Just a close-up of the Falling Leaves piece along with the Fall Frame. 
I was excited to tuck in some sticks that I picked up in the church parking lot a few weeks back just as a great piece of texture! 



I love what that Wild Honey does to my alterations! It is the perfect pop! 
Towards the completion of my piece, I added some gold microspheres from 13 Arts. 



I grabbed a title from the paper collection and popped it up for dimension. 



There are actually 3 various Fall Frames in the CE store. You can check them out HERE.



Tucked in on both sides of the photo are some wonderful Flair buttons from the Fall Flair Buttons set. 



Just another view towards the top. 



And I tried my best haha! to capture the one on the other side which is tucked under the frame and the florals! 

Thanks so much for coming by the blog today! 
I hope you feel inspired to create. 

See you next time! 
Sandi



Creative Embellishment products used: 
Chipboard: 
Stamp: 

No comments:

Post a Comment