Friday, October 1, 2010

~ My Love ~ Acrylic LO ~ SOUS DT 10-01


Happy Friday, everyone! Today is reveal day for Stuck on U Sketches and I am REALLY excited about my submission for this week's sketch challenge.

I decided to change things up a bit and do a layout on an acrylic piece that was in one of my latest Swirlydoos kits.  I photographed this one outside in amongst some hedges in hopes that you can see the transparency of the acrylic .. more so on the left side of the layout.  It is so cool to look "through" your layout to the objects behind it! Talk about a perfect way to glam up a wedding layout. That gorgeous bride is my cousin Marilyn on the arm of her hubby Bob.

The first thing I did was to highlight the edges of the acrylic with some light moss green paint that is sponged on. I also put some paint behind the acrylic where I planned to place the Dusty Attic chandelier piece.

After that dried, I simply followed this week's sketch .. btw .. what a wonderful way to use up scraps of those papers that you LOVE! I will definitely do this again sometime!  It took awhile to get my photos just the right size to fit on the acrylic shape but I'm happy with the outcome. The photo are off of Facebook so the colors are not optimal but they are better IRL than they photographed.

I chose a black polka dot ribbon to serve as the sketch's ric rac pieces and my flower represents the circle.  I didn't feel that I needed much of a title but used a sticker from my SD kit. I put talcum on the back of the sticker to get rid of the adhesive .. works great! Then I put foam squares behind it and tucked it behind my flower (Prima Rosetti.)  For the flourish I used a Prima Say it in Pearls and Roses in Pewter .. looks wonderful with the black, white, red and pale green colors!

The chandelier is a Dusty Attic piece that I inked with TH Vintage Photo and then painted with Cinnamon Stickles. All in all, this was a really fun and rewarding project!

I hope you will visit Stuck on U Sketches if you haven't already to see what the other designers have done. Talk about alot of talent!  


Have a fabulous Fall weekend!  Thanks for always leaving such sweet comments.  I love reading them!


16 comments:

  1. Sandi your take on the sketch is absolutely stunning and I love that you took the photo of your layout in the hedges, absolutely beautiful!! Love Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, what an absolutely beautiful layout! And to set it on transparency... what a fabulous idea that was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonerful Sandi. Love how you did the picture in the hedge. That really accentuated the green colors, but I guess you won't keep it in the hedge LOL Lovely colors and so much detail. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....your layout is beautiful!! I love the way you added the ribbon...and the chandelier is GORGEOUS!!!! You are such an inspiration!! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sandi! The bold green of your layout really drew me in. Then I clicked on it and was blown away by the 3-D effect! Simply gorgeous! Love what you did with this. You really have an amazing eye for detail! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cool! I love how you sponged the edges. And of course I love all the bling. :)
    Really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Sandi!!
    What a gorgeous page !!!I adore the design!!! and how you used the ribbon!!it looks fantastic!!!
    I am so sorry I haven't been visiting lately but I have bee just working hard on a new and exciting project that I will be able to share with all of you very , very soon!!!.

    Hope you and your family are doing fine!
    Have a great weekend!!
    xoxo
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love that your scrapped it on the transparency... I haven't done anything with mine yet... but may have to get it out after seeing this beauty!!! Love what you did this the ribbon!! Actually that's the first thing the caught my eye!!! I love it gf!!! Hugs!!!
    AND It sounds like I should go and do a little shopping over at Generations Crafting!!!!!! :o) Thanks for the heads up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is GORGEOUS and on a transparency... AMAZING!!! Your layouts are always difficult but I did a mini album on a transparency and know how difficult it is working with that. This is so awesome and the photo in the hedges is amazing too! Love the colors and the bling this is a sketch I will have to work on now.... You do such amazing work, thanks for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW Sandi ... awesome LO on acrylic... it all looks just fantastic... WTG love X:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Sandi! First off, I love how you placed in among the hedges. Love the leaves and how they surround it. Love the gentle curling of the ribbon. All the little details are pretty with the touch of bling! You did a wonderful job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool Sandi!
    And I am glad to got to see this on the blog b/c I thought this was just pp's when I first saw it! LOL!
    Neato!!!!
    Bet this was a fun one to put together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am blown away! What a fantastic layout. You're layouts always take my breath away. You're such a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, this layout is stunning! I love what you did with the ribbon and your big bloom! The light moss paint is beautiful on the acrylic!!! Love how you changed it up!!!! YOur details are gorgeous!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, acrylic page, it looks so so good!!! LOVE LOVE the way you photographed it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. At first I thought that hedge was scrapbook paper in the background! lol! Love this take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete