Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby x 2, SOUS 1-21-11



Happy Friday, everyone! My favorite day of the week! And always made extra special on Stuck on U Sketches reveal day! So, thanks for dropping by!

This week we have a fab sketch by designer Patti Hutch.  We hope you can play along with us this time .. you will love how adaptable this sketch is.

This layout is a bit different for me, huh? I don't get to do too many of these baby pages anymore .. well, unless I wanted to go back and start at the very beginning. Not! But any who ...  my dd Dara is expecting twins in the next few weeks. As a matter of fact she is (as of Wednesday) now on complete bed rest (and hating it!) until it's time for those BOYS to be born!  Dara inherited the "busy" gene, so bedrest is killing her!

Well, back to the layout ... this one took some time to do although I'm not really sure why. Part of that was just choosing the right papers and then changing my mind a couple of times.  LOL These are all from Webster's Pages except for the brown cardstock which I used to frame my whole page and for the inside of my letter blocks. I liked the combination of pale blue with the creamy yellow and a bit of stark white.

Instead of using a circle, I had the bright idea of doing a round shape of some kind and first came up with the idea of using a baby carriage image but switched to the bassinet because I thought it was so cute. Of course, I had to make it really big to go along with the sketch .. and love the outcome! This image, as well as the title and subtitle "twins," came from the New Arrival cartridge.  First time I've ever used it!

All the supplies, ribbon, brads, buttons and flowers are from my stash.  That awesome Prima floral  vine is called Mountain Lily, in Robins Egg Blue.  The large cream button is Jenni Bowlin. The brad I used to dangle the "twins" cut from is a Basic Grey Kioshi brad ..a gift from Floren at Generations Crafting. That's also where I bought all of my Websters!

Just another angle and close-up. I only used 2 photos ... for obvious reasons and because I didn't have a suitable third photo.  That's twin A in the top photo and twin B in the lower sonogram photo .. although that is a reversal of their position in utero.  Since Dara and Kevin are having twin boys, they decided to name them after both Grandpas. Isn't that sweet? My husband is grinning from ear to ear!


I fussy cut these 2 cute little guys from some more Webster's Pages, WonderFall .. thought it was perfect to use them!  As usual, there is lots of inking but otherwise, less distressing than is the norm for me.

I think that about wraps it up for this time.  Be sure to check out what all the designers have done this time! Remember you have 2 weeks to link up your project. We can't wait to see what you do! Thanks for all the lovely comments! I read every one ... and cherish them!


27 comments:

  1. OMgoodness Congrats to Kevin and Dara! How amazing!! That is just awesome!! The grandpas are just a gleem I know! Now is this the dd who is like me...wink! I am so proud of you and a huge Congrats!!! I too know about the busy gene, I have it too! lol!! I hated the bedrest for my leg I thought I would go insane...and would have books all around me, my copics, paint, and the boys all over me and I still wanted to go. I will be keepinf Dara in my prayers and can't wait to see the babies!! Love love love the lo!! It is just adorable and gorgeous, EXCELLENT!! Love the Websters touch!! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Sandi!! Your LO is soooo sweet!!! The flowers on the buggy are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! I think this may be my favorite layout you've ever done! I just love that bassinet, and the flowers, and the silhouette -- absolutely beautiful!

    And congrats on the new babies! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a gorgeous and sweet layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twins!!!! Yikes! What a hand full that will be!
    You will have so much fun scrapping these babies... this is a wonderful start... look at that buggy and their first photos. LOVE this pages so soft and sweet! Love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Those darling little babies are sure to add a lot of fun and activity to life!! I totally adore this LO!! Using the bassinet was brilliant!! The flowers around the edge are so sweet and the papers are perfect!! Stunning LO!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, congrats on twin grandbaby boys! This is such a precious layout. The paper choices are just as darling as the design of the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi I love this layout! First of all congrats on the soon to be arrival of twins! How exciting!! I love your adaptation of the sketch, taking the circle and turning it into a bassinet!!! Beautiful soft colors! You can never go wrong with Websters Pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my GOODNESS...this is soooooooo Adorable! I Love the big bassinet in the middle of the page with the blocks for the title. This is just one perfect layout and I just might have to scraplift. Of course no twins at my house, LOL. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, Sandi!!! This layout is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this...it is beautiful! And it definitely is a small world...we go fishing at monument lake and trinidad reservoir almost every weekend in the summer, so we are through stonewall all the time. The school I teach at is in the same sports league as Primero, so we spend some time there too! Hope I can fit in some playing this week...my school business is getting in the way of my crafting!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, I read your post and i don't think you used Cricut cartridge or did you? If you did, absolutely you need to submit to the next Cricut Magazine call!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW Sandi how awesome ... twin boys .... your layout is just gorgeous & captures the excitement ... best wishes to the happy parents & super delighted Grandparents ,,, luv X:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGOSH Sandi, this is gorgoues and soooo creative!!! I was having all kinds of computer problems yesterday with the house computer and it got so cold last night I didn't want to go out to the scraproom to use the computer out there, so just now getting around... First off, I'm so glad that Dara is doing well, I can just imagine what it would be like to be on bed rest.. Next, I'm so happy for her and her husband... and of course the grand parents... This has got to be the sweetest layout I've seen!! Love the bassinet, the soft colors you've used, the font, and the little boy images, everything is just perfect!! And the photos are amazing.... What a fabulous start to what will no doubt be a beautiful baby album!! Congratulations Sandi!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your soon to be new Grandsons. I love this lo it is so adorable and soft. Its great that you used your Cricut and love those little boys you fussy cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This really is SO exciting! For some reason I can't remember if I knew she was expecting...?
    I really adore this project and think this is for sure one of your very best designs! I saw it got labeled under "favorites" on SB.com and I can for sure see why!
    Also think its a really cool version of the sketch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Sweet Lady!! How beautiful is this layouts...I am so excited for your family...I always wanted twins..what a double blessing for all of you!! I love the sweet sweet colors here and bassinett is D-vine!! I adore the square scallops for the title and those cricut cuts of the wee lads are the best. I think it is the bomb that the kiddos are going to be named for the pawpaws...how fab!! Well I sure do miss you and all the bloggy goodness out there...I'm taking baby steps and hoping to post monthly...we will see...I sure appreciate you stopping by and showin the love...It was such a nice surprise to read your comment...congrats on the new DT venture with the Sassy gals...I know you will rock their world..take care...I'll try to stop by again soon!!! luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi, this is SO cute!! I am sure you can´t wait to meet them! love how you made the huge bassinette, it is so beautiful with the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Sandi ....
    I just love this what a beautiful layout great details and colors...as always!
    Hugs Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am back! and happy to see your gorgeous work again, love it. Great inspiration for my future grand-baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGOSH GF this is soooo awesome!!!!You did an amazing job Sandi!
    And a big congrats on the new twins!!
    ohhhh thank you so much for showing us how to distress with the scissors...i did it on my new mini it really gave me a snowy effect that I needed!
    love ya!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. TWINS??? How fabulous! Congratulations! SO, so exciting!

    I absolutely LOVE your layout - I love all the detail!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Sandi, this is just gorgeous, love what you have done with the sketch, absolutely beautiful. Take care. Love Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohh Sandi! How amazing this page is... just the sweetest sonogram layout ever!! I've been wanting to scrap my U/S pix for my Amelia, but just haven't come up with the perfect idea... and gosh, nothing I'd do could ever top this one of yours! The use of the Webster's is so precious. Also love the large bassinet. I just recently purchased the New Arrival cart myself and I'm looking to use it for a card pretty soon! Gosh, Sandi, if your dd hasn't seen this one yet, she's gonna flip! And about the bed-rest... don't blame her one bit for hating it! It sucks and isn't easy to do! I hope time goes quickly for her!

    And huge congrats about your twin Grand-sons! What a beautiful thing!! Enjoy, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. just me...have something for you on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Twins! How exciting and boys are so fun! I have all boys and they are terrific! What an amazing layout! Just love baby carriage, tittle and design!

    ReplyDelete