Thursday, January 19, 2012

Best Christmas Wishes ~ SOUS Original Sketch Jan 20 ~


Happy Friday, everybody! Just a few more hours and it will be the weekend .. woohoo! I cannot wait! Today it is time for a new sketch reveal over at Stuck on U Sketches. This week's sketch is a new original done by our very own talented Nanne'.  When I first saw the sketch, I knew immediately what I wanted to do! And secondly, what photo I wanted to use .. my 3 dd's.

It is hard to see in the photo .. but I did a neat paper folding technique that I learned from my friend and team mate Tammy Henderson at Flying Unicorn. The link to her tutorial is HERE . You definitely need to check it out! Hopefully, the close-ups will help you visualize! It is time consuming but I love the effect and plan to do this again soon!

Because this was my first attempt, I used some older Glitz Maya paper that I kind of liked. But in the process I learned that Navy Blue looks great with Christmas colors! Hopefully, you can see where the folds are. I highlighted as many corners as I could by adding a navy pearl. When I was finished I mounted this to a co-ordinating sheet of Glitz since it ended up being about 10x10 when finished.

My title piece is a Dusty Attic nameplate that I painted gold, then added a tag from a BoBunny Father Christmas collection and finished it with a Petaloo Canterbury red velvet poinsettia.

Then I mounted my matted photo and framed it with this awesome Petaloo Poinsettia & Berries Branch in  Cream ...  with some more of the red  poinsettias added to it. This was tied with a gold and green ribbon. 
The lower left corner looked a bit sparse so I added a BoBunny dimensional sticker fron the Father Christmas collection.

Once all that paper folding was done, the rest was fairly quick and easy! And something very different from the remainder of my Christmas pages.

So, I hope that you will join in on the sketch fun this time! You will have 2 weeks to upload your project!

Remember that we have a special Sponsor for the rest of the month over at Stuck On U Sketches.

Stephanie from Whimsical Designs has donated some of her very own stamp collections to some very lucky winners of our sketch and die challenges this month..so remember, the more you play the more chances there are of you winning.

Thanks for coming by! I hope that you have a scrap happy weekend! I know I will! The Flying Unicorn Pajama Party and Crop is all weekend. The info is is on my right sidebar at the top. Hope to see some of your there!

9 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous!!!!!!! great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I always LOVE your amazing attention to detail! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Sandi...those colors are gorgeous together. Gotta check out that paper folding technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow, Sandi!! The background looks amazing!! and the colors are perfect with your bright red and green embellies!!! I'm also going to have to check that technique out!! Have fun at the party this weekend!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome work Sandi... have to check out that technique.. it looks great .... how beautiful are your girls !!!!!! have fun at the CC ... hugz X:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty Sandi!
    I bet it was a treat, as it always is, to scrap a
    photo of your babies! =)
    Mine my be young but I do know they always
    stay your babies!

    Have a good one...we're still on kitchen completion watch! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout Sandi... Love that paper folding technique and how you accented the corners with the pears.. plus, that blue really brings out the colors in your flowers..
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such beautiful colors! Love the paper folding technique. Thanks for sharing the link. The flowers are perfect, just adore how well with go with your papers! Wonderful details!

      Delete
  8. I love anything about flowers and thank you so much for doing such amazing job with them. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete