Friday, January 6, 2012

Irish, Darling ~ SOUS Original Sketch 1-06-2012


Hey there, everybody! Time for my first Stuck on U Sketches  reveal for the year! Nanne was our sketch designer this week and it sure was a fun one to do! I did flip the sketch for my purposes to show more design on my awesome Creative Imaginations "Devotion" papers which I got from the Flying Unicorn store

This photo is of my mom and yes, I've scrapped it before .. but you know me .. I love it and haven't grown tired of it yet. But the reason I used it is because my Dad carried this photo of her in his wallet. And the layout is really all about the love letter that he wrote to her ..  and which is hidden behind my title flap. I first scanned the letter and used that as a photo mat so that the viewer would get a hint immediately of what the page is all about.

I did some distressing, added a circle instead of a square, and did some punchwork .. the rest is pure embellishment. Vintage Prima and Websters, lace and pearl button.  Here are a few close-ups:

Using my Martha Stewart Scroll Heart punch.

Vintage Prima

Strip journaling as per the sketch.

The title flap where I've used my new MS Wild Flowers punch. The title was cut with my Cricut using my Gypsy Font. Dad always called my Mom "Irish" so I added a shamrock ..


The letter which was written on an onion skin paper has been folded for many years and is now tucked away in this acid-free memorabilia pocket. It was written in 1945 and starts off with "Irish Darling .. " Thus the title!! Such a great love they had for one another!

Thanks for coming! I hope that you will visit my DT sisters and see what they have done this week! Here's a copy of the sketch for ya! Hope to see you playing along!


Oops .. almost forgot .. we have a new DT member debuting this week! Agnieszka better know as Bellaidea is now part of SOUS! Please be sure to welcome her!

We also have returning Guest Designer Lisa Gregory with us today! And she is sharing a gorgeous page as well as some new Zva Creative items in her role as a Zva Creative designer! Many thanks, Lisa! Hope to see you back soon!

All right, ladies and gents .. now it's time for you to play! Let's scrap!

14 comments:

  1. Always a feast for the eyes when I stop by your blog! It's amazing how much memorabilia and interesting details you capture! And I always forget about that Gypsy font... it's beautiful! Must remember to use that one!

    Your mama is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaw, what a beautiful layout of your mom.. Loving all the great colors and you really know how to do vintage my sweet friend :)
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  3. HNY! Sandi and I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and holiday recently. Another amazing page by you and totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sandi, I am totally blown away by this gorgeous LO. Your mother was a beautiful young lady!! It is a wonder that your dad carried the photo in his wallet all of those years! And even more amazed that you have a love letter to incorporate into the page. What a wonderful idea to scan it for the mat. You have your mammas smile. Very sweet!! Thank you for having me Guest Design for the challenge. I really enjoyed working with the beautiful sketch. Nanné is right, you really know how to do vintage.
    Hugs my friend,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The black is so striking.. and the photo is just beautiful! I can see why you love to scrap it & it is one of your fav's! Very pretty work! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just gorgeous Sandi...and what a great photo of your mom! I would scrap that lots too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, and I did notice I'd seen the photo before and then thought...oh I certainly have a few photos I could scrap again and again! =)
    This is a pretty special page my friend...the details are so pretty and that incredible letter! Wow! What a total TREASURE!
    I certainly hope my kids will say later in their lives how much their parents loved each other because I can't think of much more of a legacy to leave then one of love...
    (oh crap, getting teary eyed)...gotta go! LOL!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  8. This LO is soooo pretty!! What a great story!! How cool that the letter still exsists. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous layout and beautiful photo and FANTASTIC story! wow! It's not just the photos you scrap but the stories behind them. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi, what a lovely lo, and such a beautiful lady! Your work is always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Sandy!!! Beautiful layout!!! Absolutely love the MS punch trim and the flowers are too gorgeous!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, this is absolutely beautiful, love the photo of your mum & the love letter behind it ..very pretty papers for your mum, the Irish Colleen,.. hugz X:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this LO is soooo beautiful! gorgeous photo of your mom and love the sweet vintage feel. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beautiful layout! Thanks for the kind words on my blog LO!

    ReplyDelete