Monday, January 30, 2012

My new layout for the Mojo Monday Sketch Jan 30


I received my January Kit of the Month from Flying Unicorn on New Years Eve and what I treat it was to see these vibrant colors of Graphic 45's Tropical Travelogue after so many weeks of seeing and doing nothing but red and green!  Now I love Christmas as much as the next person but I was ready for something bright and peppy.. and this sure did the trick!

This week it was my turn to do a layout based on the gorgeous Mojo Monday sketch done by our own Laura G. Here it is for your convenience:



I had such a great time layering all these bright papers and placing my elements mostly per the sketch ... I added the bloomers as my ribbon and used some vintage Prima for my florals. The butterfly came in my kit .. isn't it grand? The Garden Isle pp was my fave sheet of the whole collection, so I did want to show it off ..


That handsome sailor in his dress white? My dad back in 1940. I set the hands on the Tim Holtz hardware to read 1941 though .. as a hidden message to myself about how quickly bliss can become a battlefied.  My Dad dearly love Hawaii and all of the South Pacific and he so enjoyed his opportunity to be at sea and visit far away places.  I think he would really like this page ..  I sure do! Many thanks to Alda at Flying Unicorn for providing such awesome products to use!

Thanks for coming by!

7 comments:

  1. a very beautiful page and totally gorgeous altogether all the sneak peeks! absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new G45 line! You used it so perfectly in your layout. And your Dad looks so handsome, I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this and love the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and bloomers you've added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, the colors are so beautiful and I love your layout!!! You are so lucky to have so many wonderful photos of your dad!!! And I know he's looking down and smiling at your beautiful work!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete