Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One last August Scrap That! Layout


"Friends"

Most of you have probably seen this one but it seems to have been a popular one in the galleries, so I thought I'd post it here again with more detail. 

I've used a photo of my dgd with one of her horses. I chose the large Die Cut paper along with the brown print paper (Illusion) and added a Dusty Attic grass border (from my stash) as well as a Dusty Attic chicken wire piece behind my photo. Lots of gesso, Glimmer Mist and Glimmer Glam made them come to life. I hope you got in on Scrap That!'s last Dusty Attic order because the chippys are such a nice element to add to your pages.

 I've also used my fav Donna Salazar Twig stamp to enhance my "grassy" area, then made a few flowers with my Spellbinders Rose Creations die to go along with a few from the kit. There is some wet distressing which I had a tutorial on earlier this month.  Note that the wooden butterfly is from the EAO and the light green flowers and the brown Glimmer Misted flowers are from FAO. I also did some more of my random punch work along a few sides ... as well as some machine stitching. 

Sneak peeks of the September Scrap That! Kit will be posted next week  ... I'm super excited about this upcoming kit reveal! I've got tons of projects to share! 

Thanks for coming by! 


9 comments:

  1. I will never tire of this lo... absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how real those grass cutting look!!!

    Beautiful picture and a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture and a beautiful layaout! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous...the first time I've seen it! :)
    I absolutely adore the photo, love horse photos and this one is beautiful.
    I love the detail you put into your layouts...AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here. Love the layout. You did an amazing job. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also made a horse LO this month I guess ts the theme gorgeous again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandi, this is such a lovely LO!! Love your amazing details - the random border punches, stitching and chippboard add so much. There's nothing like a girl and a horse!! Amazing page!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the layout with the horse photo and the variety of items gives wonderful texture & dimension to the layout.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely details Sandi! Love the grass at the bottom and the chicken wire. I do need me some of that chipboard. The colors in the papers are lovely and so is the picture!

    ReplyDelete