Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sandi's March Scrap That! kit creations!

I'm up today on the Scrap That! Chat Blog! I know you've seen these but I have some close-ups today with a bit more detail ..

Hello, everybody! Sandi here today to share my March kit creations using the yummy Meg's Garden Spring Paisley collection! 

"Cherish"
Main kit only, personal stash

Project #1 is called "Cherish" and features a sweet new photo of one of the dgd's. I loved, loved, loved this peachy-pink paper from Meg's Garden Spring Paisley collection as well as the red and brown striped pattern paper that is peeking from underneath.  Everything featured here is from the Main kit only except for the white crochet doily and the Dusty Attic lacing tash which are from my personal stash.

 I did a bit of random molding paste along with my Crafter's Workshop "Tile Texture" template. Next I split my paper and added the lacing tash which was treated with white Gesso as well as  a Salmon paint dabber. Then I did some lacing with the seam binding from the kit. My Dusty Attic Butterfly Flourish was treated in much the same way but then I hit it with my Quick Quotes  Maraschino Cherry PowderPuff Chalking Ink. Wow! What an incredible impact it made. You will notice that I cut my flourish, painted it green and added it to my flower cluster. 

 Lots of hand made flowers here (Bitty Blossoms) as well as a sweet paper rosette (Tim Holtz) along with a ton of fussy cutting! The little sweetie in the photo is my dgd MA and the  the photo was taken by Kristin Alexander. 



Just a couple of close-ups. 

Next ... 

"Ready, Set, Go! "
Using Amarylis's awesome sketch, MK, FAO, EAO, personal stash

I really struggled with how to make my pages unique from what the rest of the DT might do, especially since my PAO didn't make it to my house this time around. Amy's sketch has lots of wonderful layering, so I had to get the layers in any way I could. Thank goodness for the card stock that Kaitlyn always puts in the kits! They can be used for so many things but this month I've used them as my base. Haven't done that in years!! 

I did some random punching with a couple of different Martha Stewart punches (Wild Flowers, Swirling Lace) and then set to work using my Crafter's Workshop "Cherry Blossoms" template. It worked perfectly for this sketch and added just the soft background that I wanted. 

You'll notice lots of fussy cutting once again .. which also led to my paper shortage! I think it was a blessing in disguise though, because I had to get creative! Some cheesecloth and the filmstrip serve to add more layers. You can just barely make out my title on the right because I hit it with the chalk inks. I've used the brown trim in the kit to "lasso" my photo .. thought that was kind of fun! And that said photo is of my dgd and taken by Kristin Alexander. 

I adored the flowers that came in this month's kit and think I used every single one, including all my add-ons! And don't you love the sweet Prima wood clip? I love Kaisercraft Pearls .. my fave .. and have scattered them all about the page. 




Just a few close-ups. 


Next ... 

"Olivia"
MK, FAO, EAO, personal stash

This time I've used my Crafter's Workshop "Ledger" template to work a little magic! Really love that one!!  I went a little crazy with more fussy cutting and tons of flowers! Love these Meg's Garden papers and sure hope to work with them again soon!

 I went simple on my chippy frame and covered it in Gesso, then inked the edges and rubbed them with Gold Rub and Buff. My lamp post is a Fabscraps chippy from my stash and is simply covered with white Gesso and light coat of chalk ink on the edges. Oops, almost forgot my Dusty Attic butterfly. Here I've wet it so that I could separate the layers of the wings. Then covered them with more Gesso and Quick Quotes PowderPuff chalk ink in Bloody Mary.  I also added red microbeads to the body for more dimension. 

 Lastly, I finished by tucking in random pieces of cheesecloth which is included in the kit. I've also tucked in a few wooden gears in amongst my flowers and used a cute Prima wood clip on my photo. Photo is of my sweet granddaughter-in-law. 



Close-ups .. 




MK, FAO, EAO, personal stash
Lastly, just a simple card that I squeezed out from my scraps! Cards always come in handy!

That's it for me today! Thanks for coming by! 


11 comments:

  1. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are all gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeeee all the amazing details you put into your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really beautiful! You always know how to use those flowers!! gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your three layouts and card are truly gorgeous! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful Sandi!! You did amazing with the kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi these are all just so so beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creations Sandi! Looks like a wonderful kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally rocked this kit, Sandi!! I adore your work!!~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Sandi! You absolutely did such a wonderful job with the March kit! Your pages are fabulous! I always love visiting your blog to see your amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pages,love your textured backgrounds and you did fantastic work with the fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!!!! Wow, it's been too long since I've been here!!! You did an amazing job with this kit!!!!! I think my favorite one is "Olivia"!! But they are all breathtaking!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete