Hello, everyone! I am so excited to be Guest Designing for My Creative Scrapbook this month using the gorgeous Limited Edition Kit! Being a huge fan of Pam's kits, this is quite the treat for me!
I thought I would just share with you a little tutorial on how I've built the "Happily Ever After" layout. (Please excuse the color variations, as I just took quick photos as I went along.)
1. Choose your paper selections and get a rough idea of which embellishments you think you'll use on your page. I cut the center out of the floral paper and did a very quick fussy cutting of those gorgeous peonies. The detailed cutting comes later!
2. Using scissors cut a randomly curved edge on all 4 sides of your paper. Then use chalk ink along your edges.
3. Using any distressing tool or the edge of your scissors, distress all the way around. A mini-mister is helpful to wet the edges slightly which will make them curl a bit more.
4. Placed your striped paper on top of that floral paper. Remember, the center has been cut away, so you'll be adhering those edges carefully. I like to add a piece of plain card stock underneath to support my layers and embellies.
5. Using a stencil (any kind) and molding paste, give your page some texture! I was a bit conservative on this page .. at least by my usual standards!
6. Next add some color by misting and then adding water to make your color run. Tip the paper to allow your colors to really drip. Dab with a paper towel, then dry with your heat gun. You can also paint or sponge your color on depending on your mood, style or project.
7. Now it's time to do your detailed fussy cutting. Don't forget to ink those edges. I also used the stamp in the Kit and stamped directly on my fussy cut flowers. While I was stamping, I went ahead and randomly stamped my background paper. I don't use a block, I just roll the stamping on.
8. I like lots of dimension! So I've added some of the corrugated cardboard that the Kit was shipped in and have added that to those fussy cut flowers before adhering to the page. Cheaper and sturdier than foam squares! I do this ALL the time to give embellies and photos a little "boost."
9. Next begin layering your elements! First the tag/notecards which have been cut from one of the papers, then those "boosted" fussy cut flowers and next your photo. After that comes your flowers, chipboard, ribbon and brads.
This is the project when it was complete!
Note how I've built up layers with flowers upon flowers … and ribbon with chipboard on top of that!
This has been a long post but while you are here, let me share the other projects that I made using the My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition Kit:
Thanks for letting me share!
And thanks again to Pam for having me as a Guest this month! It's been awesome!