Thursday, April 17, 2014

Guest Designing at Something Tattered Stamps

Good morning, everyone! I am so excited to be Guest Designing today for Something Tattered.  Many thanks to Beth for having me and for the fabulous GDT package. And of course, to my good friend Tracey for inviting me. 


I love doing mixed media canvas projects and creating personal works of art to hang in my craft room. As you can see here, I had great fun with this one! Because I've had a very full calendar the past 8 weeks or so, I was motivated by the saying you see below from Prima's Something Blue collection. 

First of all I prepared my canvas with a coat of white gesso. Next I created a rainbow of colors using a variety of mists and gelatos using water and a paper towel to get just the effect I wanted. Some added drops from the uptake nozzle were the finishing touch.  Because I wanted my stamping to be in specific places, I decided to do that next before moving on to adding my texture paste. 


Keep Calm and Plan On! The saying that inspired my project. Planning and keeping a detailed schedule helps keep my anxiety at bay.  


The upper left corner of the canvas seemed a fitting place for the C-est vous chandelier stamp. I've used Staz-on in black to stamp my image. Because I was dealing with a flexible surface and wanted a very crisp image (at least to start,) I used my stamp and a glass block. Then used a book under the canvas to ensure the best result. The remainder of my my stamping was "rolled" on without a block. Here you can see the C-est vous chandelier stamp, the  Powdered antique wall stamp and the French script poem stamp.  Stamps are such an effective way to build additional layers to any project. 

After I did my stamping, I tore strips of paper as well as corrugated cardboard and and adhered them mostly where my focal point was going to be but also in a few varied places. Then I added some molding paste using 2 different stencils.  I also added in some Creative Embellishments chipboard as additional layers. Before adding my florals and bling, I created some micro-bead drips using narrow strands of Glossy Accents. Additionally, I used a flat spray fixative and scattered micro-beads all over the canvas. 


Here is another view of the Powdered antique wall stamp and the French script poem stamp
Some yummy Prima and Petaloo and I called it done. At least after one more run around the edges with my gelatos!  Then it was done! 

Thanks again to Something Tattered for having me today! It was such a pleasure. 


Something Tattered supplies:
Powdered antique wall stamp
C-est vous chandelier stamp
French script poem stamp

Creative Embellishments chipboard:
Photo/page Corner
Flourish Set 5
Oval Frame

Other supplies:

Prima Something Blue paper collection
Prima Tatiana blooms, ocean
Prima Tatiana blooms, coral
Liquitex Gesso, white
Lindy's Stamp Gang, Kissin Kenicke Coral
Lindy's Stamp Gang, Steampunk Sepia
Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Charteuse
Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Teal
Faber-Castell gelatos:
peach
metaillic mint
pistachio
silver ice
Petaloo mixed textured blooms, Teal
Petaloo burlap blossoms, Ivory
Prima shabby chic resin butterfly
Prima Say it in Crystals pearl leaves
Prima Junkyard Findings, bulb
Recollections microbeads, Ocean
The Crafters Workshop tile textures stencil, 12x12 and 6x6
Golden molding paste
Stazon, black
Quick Quotes Powder Puff Chalk Ink, biscotti, baja blue, mango mai tai

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! So many different colors and textures, love your flower cluster, beautiful canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect Sandi! Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the GDT!!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love the colors, the textures and that keep calm tag!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors and textures are amazing!Thank you so much for being our GDT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi, love this piece. Been loving what you do for CE :) wonderful inspiration. New follower,

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous textures, colors and details! Amazing piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely, lovely!! And great saying!!! I have it too - I am the same as you - could do with a reminder of that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So girgeous Sandi! Love watching all your successes!!! Have a blessed easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Sandi- great texture on your project!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your canvas is very beautiful. I love all the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love working in mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi, You have so many fantastic mixed media projects on your blog. Very talented. Thanks for leaving me a comment over at Cheery Lynn, it was really appreciated. Julie x

    ReplyDelete