Tuesday, April 22, 2014

With Love ~ Creative Embellishments


Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! I am back with another card today. I know... hard to believe, huh? But I was needing to send out a card and I had this luscious purple Prima flower I'd been wanting to use. One thing led to another! 

After choosing a background paper, I decided on the Moroccan Lattice to layer next, altering it very simply with some Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and trimmed it down to fit my card. After adhering it, I did a little background watercoloring in the random shape of a heart .. very haphazardly but just enough to help define the area inside where the Heart Flourish would be. 


Then I set about altering the Heart Flourish. Of course with me, I keep trying colors until I get exactly the look I'm wanting. I started with gesso, then  Shimmerz in Royal purple but added  Silks Acrylic 
Glaze, Vavoom Red. Over that I've again added Glossy Accents and dropped some microbeads on the piece while the GA was still wet. 


The leafy/flourishy part of the heart was done in my usual style:  gesso, distress ink and a touch of Glimmer Glam. Promise to do something different next time. =) You can also see a bit of the cheesecloth I've tucked behind my flower. 


And of course, the fab flower that inspired it all served as a beautiful base for my sentiment title. I gave the With Love chipboard an ombre look with white gesso and distress ink on the lower part of the letters.  I dabbed on a bit of Icicle Stickles for just a touch of shine. 


Here is the finished result. Maybe a bit too glossy a look than I really wanted but it turned out beautifully in spite of me! 

Thanks for coming by today! 

Heart Flourish
















Supplies:

Distress Ink, Broken China, Vintage Photo and Antique Linen
Stickles, Icicle
Shimmerz, Royal purple
Silks Acrylic Glaze, Vavoom Red
Quick  Quotes PowderPuff Chalk Ink, Purple Passion
Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalk Ink, Green with Envy Green
Silks Acrylic Glaze, Pretty Peridot
Silks Acrylic Glaze, Olive Green
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam, Dirty Martini
Riddersholm Fall Flea Market, Classifieds
Petaloo Spring Berry Clusters, Lavender
Prima Frilles Plum

9 comments:

  1. Oh such a beautiful card.. love the colors and that flower is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....stunning card! Absolutely love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I see all these yummy goodies on your blog I get a bit jealous that they aren't freely available in South Africa. Your card is stunning Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeee that heart and the flower!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! Great showcasing of the chippie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow gorjussness, luv these chippies. x

    ReplyDelete