Wednesday, April 1, 2015

7 Dots Guest Design Team spot! Finally!


 I am beyond thrilled to be Guest Designing at the 7 Dots Studio Blog today! 
As one of the two designers chosen from the USA, I am humbled and quite ecstatic. 
A dream come true! 

Here are my first 2 projects. 
______

 "Be Amazed"

I am so in love with 7 Dots Studio products, that it was difficult to decide where to begin. Tusia sent me a generous package full of Thoughts Keeper and Soulmates papers and embellishments.
 This lovely black and gray floral really spoke to me and acts as my base. I prepared the paper with a coat of white gesso and then added some texture with molding paste and a stencil.  Unfortunately, part of it was layered over but that it quite alright. I know it's there. 

Next, I added my layers, florals and embellishments. A small amount of inking and distressing was done to the vertical paper strips prioring to adhering them. Then the main body of work was accented with lime-green Gelato. 


You can see that bits of black thread were added in for texture. 


Some punchinella ribbon for interest along with various pieces from the Elements sheet. 


I love that the paper already looks stamped.


This is my "title" corner. And a good close-up of some of the white paint splattered over the page as a finishing touch. 


My center accent is from the Elements Sticker sheet, so perfect for directing your thoughts towards the story told in the photo itself. 

7 Dots Studio Products used:
Thoughts Keeper 3
Thoughts Keeper 4
Thoughts Keeper 5
Thoughts Keeper Element Stickers 6x12
Thoughts Keeper Elements 6x12
______


"You and Me"

For my second project, I decided to do something more vintage, romantic. So, I started with random punch work and distressing, then followed with adding texture using a stencil and molding paste. I highlighted these areas with white acrylic paint, then spitzed them with teal mists. I love to let the mist run down the page and then use a wet towel to sponge off. 


A close-up of some of the stenciling and color. These papers take media so well. 


Lots of yummy 7 Dots layers! 


And a Word Sticker to serve as my title. 


Just a little corner cluster with florals, a Tag and Element sticker. Gauze tucked in here and there adds to the romantic feel. 

7 Dots Studio Products used:
Thoughts Keeper 1
Thoughts Keeper 2
Thoughts Keeper 6
Thoughts Keeper Word Stickers 6x12
Soulmates Tags 12x12

It is such an honor to Guest Design for 7 Dots Studio. I can't say enough good things about them and their fabulous products! And I thank them so much for having me here this month. I'll be back on the 4th with a 7 Dots tutorial for you. 

Sandi


5 comments:

  1. Well done on your guest designer spot.. both of these layouts are so beautiful.. so many wonderful details.. love them.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the GDT!! Your style is PERFECT for their products!! These are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are breathtaking! I am with Julie and Lizzy! Congratulations Sandi a well deserved honour!

    ReplyDelete