Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy ~ Blue Fern Studios

"Happy"

I was going to save this sweet layout for next month but I decided to hold another completed project and replace it with this one! For once, my post will have 3 layouts using one paper collection! 

I prepared my background (Royal Street) with clear gesso and then built layers with stenciling, gesso and stamping with the Garden Frolic, Love Story 2 and the Photography stamps. 


I love this sweet photo of a couple of the grandkids. So precious! For photo mat layers I've used the Courtship Lane Calling Cards, and both sides of West Plaza.  Of course, my Butterfly Friends chippy provides yet another layer. It has been prepared with white gesso and then heat embossed with Snow Embossing Powder. You can also see here one of the Courtship purple Roses and a couple of the Courtship Blooms! 
My Happy title is from Arrow Words and was heat embossed with Iris Embossing Powder. I snipped off the arrow and added it higher on the photo. 


Just the other side of the Butterfly Friends chippy which I cut in half so that it could peek out both sides. Love, love, love how that Iris Embossing Powder looks on the Happy title. 


I took this photo to highlight some of the stamping done for adding dimension. 



This magnificent Gazebo piece is simply painted white and then inked, stamped randomly and popped up on dimensional tape. I added the Organic Vine Corner to one edge and wow, it looks like it is growing up the Gazebo! Love that effect. Of course, I had to add in some of the new flowers! 
The vine is simply inked .. one of my favorite ways to alter chipboard. I like a matte finish. 


Just a close-up of the purple Courtship Roses and the light green Courtship Bloom. I made them my own my adding some yellow coloring and microbeads. And isn't that vine to die for? 

Blue Fern Studios Products used:
Paper: Courtship Lane Royal Street, West Plaza, Calling Cards
Chipboard: Butterfly Friends, Gazebo, Organic Vine Corner, Arrow Words
Stamps: Garden Frolic, Love Story 2, Photography
Embossing Powder: Snow, Iris
Flowers: Courtship Roses, Courtship Blooms


I'll be back on the 17th of every month over at Blue Fern with a Social Media Update. 
Be sure and hashtag us on Instagram because I'm looking for folks to feature!

Or use the little camera icon at the top of the Blue Fern right sidebar!

Thanks for coming by! 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout, just love the gazebo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the butterflies and that gazebo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layering on this page is fantastic! I also love the stamping. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely a sweet and amazing page! I love the soft purple colouring and the chippie and chippie work, is just fabulous! A gorgeous, gorgeous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete