Saturday, March 12, 2016

Thinking Spring ~ Blue Fern Studios with Sandi

Hello, Blue Fern fans! 
Sandi here with you today sharing my first March creations using some of our newest products! 
First up is some Courtship Lane! 

I'll be back on the 17th with a Social Media Update. 
Be sure and hashtag us on Instagram because I'm looking for folks to feature!
Or use the little camera icon at the top of the BFS right sidebar!

"Today" 

I've been wanting to scrap this photo for a while even though it's not the best quality.  This sweet little family is expecting twin boys any day! Anyway, this Courtship Parkway paper seemed perfect for an outdoor family photo. Lots of earth tones mixed in with a pinch of purple. 
I prepared my background with gesso, stenciling and stamping with the Halftone and the Photography stamps. 


Next, I prepared my chipboard and decided to have fun with color this time around. The Seasonal Wildflowers piece is a combination of Sage and Lucky Embossing Powders. Then it was dabbed with gesso. My Graduated Circle piece is just one of this great set of circles, lots for your money! It was prepared with gesso, gelato and Cotton Candy Embossing Powder  .. done randomly. 

This is also a good time to point out the new Flowers! Yes, there are coordinating flowers for the Courtship Lane collection, blooms and roses.  I've added a touch of yellow to the white and purple flower and then gessoed all of them. Loving the yellow I added to that purple rose! Kicked it up a notch! 


The Today title is from the Today, Tomorrow, Yesterday set and was prepared with gesso, gelato and Honey Embossing Powder. I made the heart and bow portion of the Winter Page Dangle the same as the title and circle chips. 


Bits of Honey are left natural and lightly touched with gesso. 


Just another great shot of the new Roses and Blooms. (The peach one is from my stash.) 


I threw this photo in because you can clearly see the Halftone stamping and you get to see the new flowers one more time. 

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Paper: Courtship Lane Parkway, Calling Cards and West Plaza
Chipboard: Graduated Circles, Bits of Honey, Today Tomorrow Yesterday set, Seasonal Wildflowers, Winter Page Dangles
Embossing Powder: Honey, Cotton Candy, Sage and Lucky
Stamps: Halftone, Photography
Flowers: Courtship Lane Blooms, Courtship Lane Roses

***
That's it from me today! 

Remember,  I'll be back over at BFS on the 17th with a Social Media Update.
Be sure and hashtag us on Instagram because I'm looking for folks to feature!
https://www.instagram.com/bluefernstudios/
Or use the little icon at the top of the BFS right sidebar!

See you then!

4 comments:

  1. A work of art...each detail perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the soft colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous layout, Sandi!! Such a sweet family photo too. Praying that the twins arrive safely. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete