Saturday, October 15, 2016

More Blue Fern Inspiration!

Hello, everybody!
I'm back today sharing another  October Blue Fern Studios creation.
This time using the near and dear to my heart Serendipity paper collection.

"Reminisce"

Serendipity is the collection that just keeps on giving for me! I have used almost all I have and am saving my tiniest scraps because it is so cherished! This time another engagement photo with a sunburst which captures the joy between these two lovebirds! 

I did some texture work on the Merriment paper and then starting preparing my chipboard pieces. First the Rose Collage and then the Destiny Collage. This time, I decided to colorize with gelatoes after priming my chipboard with white gesso. Then I kicked the pieces up a notch by adding some random Auburn Embossing Powder. The Reminisce title piece from Serendipity Words 2 is simply inked and then dabbed with white gesso. 


For flowers, I've used a combination of Tranquil Roses, Memoires Blooms and Late Winter Lilies. Layers were built with torn pieces of the Fascination paper and corrugated cardboard. 


 The Calling Cards that come with each paper collection are perfect for layering and as seen here, for using as a subtitle or title phrase. I've tucked in a bridal pearl spray from my stash and added a few art stones to my design. Of course, everything was dabbed with gesso to blend. 


The Destiny Collage piece is a knockout on its own but the Auburn Embossing Powder is perfect for providing warmth to the page. 



Just a close up of both the right corner of my design.  


And finally a good close-up of the chipboard pieces themselves. 

Blue Fern Products used:
Paper: Serendipity Merriment, Fascination and Calling Cards
Chipboard: Rose Collage, Destiny Collage, Serendipity Words 2
Embossing Powder: Auburn
Flowers: Tranquil Roses, Memoires Blooms and Late Winter Lilies


That's all for today. 
I'll be back in a few days with one last October project for Blue Fern. 

Thanks for coming by! 
Sandi

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout Sandi, love what you have done to the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooooo gorgeous! You always AMAZE me with your textured layers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - what a knock out photo! Love what you've done on the background and the title on this. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS WORK, I LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL THE DETAIL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenifer! Haven't heard from you in forever! I hope you're doing well. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete