Monday, August 7, 2017

Journey ~ Scraps of Elegance June Kit, project 4 (another Bergdorf Goodman photo)

Hello, scrappy peeps! 
Thanks for coming by the blog again today. 
Hopefully you'll find some inspiration or a new tip or trick to incorporate into your scrapping! 

It's Sandi here sharing my fourth project using the June "Birds of a Feather Kit" for Scraps of Elegance Kit Club. I still have so much product leftover that I'm sure there will be many more personal projects completed from this one Kit and the add-ons!    
When cleaning up, I realized there were several items left untouched that I had intended to use and just forgot! 


"Journey"

This Kit and the add-ons really took me by surprise in how much I loved it!
 My favorite paper from the BoBunny Serendipity collection is surely the gorgeous "Love" paper. It's a pink pattern paper with sweet bird images and it snagged my affections from the get-go. Now, if you know me, you know that pink is definitely not my "thing." However, this paper is just extra special ... and after seeing team member Annie Carnigan use it,  I knew I couldn't resist it any longer!

Of course, I prepped my background with clear gesso and did a lot of white gesso work before working with my photo and embellishments. I also adhered my paper to chipboard to prevent any warping due to moisture of the wet media. With heavier papers this isn't a necessary step but with thinner papers it's a must if you plan any wet media.

I tore a vertical section of the "Life" paper and adhered it slightly offset to the left on my layout. Tearing paper is current my favorite technique. As I created my layers, I grabbed some of the BoBunny die cuts that co-oridinate perfectly with particular paper. These are found in the ephemera (Noteworthy) pack in the Main Kit. I also incorporated some of the co-ordinating chipboard stickers from the Kit.

My florals are all from the Kit and Floral add-on with the exception of the small blue flowers. 




Here you can see the dimension of the layout. I love texture. I've also used the gorgeous Memory Hardware spoon which goes so well with my colors. I've also snagged a black and silver piece of netting from my stash to bringing out the black and charcoal tones. 




And from this angle you can see the florals from the side. I also did some stamping with a random stamp on my desk and that adds a bit of depth as well. As a finishing touch, I added some small art stones from my stash. 




Don't you love that sweet bird die cut? He's perfect for this particlular layout. My photo is one I took of a Bergdorf Goodman store window photos on my NYC trip back in December. I love it so much that I am currently using it as my desktop photo. 

This June Kit has such a wide variety of colors and embellishments! I can see lots of projects in my future! 

Here's a look at the June Kit: 


The last time I checked it was not yet sold out, so hurry on over to the STORE and do some shopping! 

Thanks again for coming by! 

Sandi



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout, love all the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the flowers and the bird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete