Wednesday, June 13, 2018

"Happy" ... a "girly" Shimmerz layout with Sandi

Hello, Shimmerz fans! 

Sandi here with you today sharing my most recent Shimmerz DT project! 

I have a sweet girly layout that has been sitting on my desk for a few days until I had a chance to find some creative time! We have a new puppy at our house and things have been a little hectic! :)


"Happy"

I had some inky fun with my background after applying a layer of clear gesso. Super heavy gesso was pushed through a stencil to create some texture and then I applied the Plum Pudding Spritz heavily throughout using a "transfer" technique. My 2 chipboard pieces (Creative Embellishments, Flourish 29 and Photo Booth Film Strip) were colorized with the gorgeous Peacocks Plume Shimmerz.



Next I began building my layers and adding my photo. Because I had a ton of florals left over from a previous kit I'd been using, I decide to go BIG and add them all! Also tucked in were some die cuts pieces, cheesecloth, twine and a flair button from Creative Embellishments Seasons Change flair.


Once everything was in place, I enhanced the focal point with more of the Plum Pudding Spritz using a brush and blending it in, Then I splattered using the remaining 3 Shimmerz colors: Lilac Blossom ShimmerzRoyal Purple Shimmerz and Limoncello Shimmerz. Limoncello was also used to highlight some of the florals. It's a great new color! 


My very last step was to add some purple prills for additional texture.



I'm so glad that you came by today! 
For a FREE Shimmerz product, please add SANDI to the memo line on your order. 
See you next time! 

Sandi

Shimmerz Products used:





2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, so many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete