Wednesday, July 11, 2018

It's Party Time ~ Creative Embellishments

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

It's my turn on the Creative Embellishments blog today and I'm so honored and humbled to be here!
Today I'm sharing a birthday card and tag set. My card stash is getting low, so I needed to spend some time creating.


Like many crafters, I have lots of older paper collections in my stash and reached for this gorgeous Celebrations paper from Mintay by Karola Witczak. Because I wanted to focus on one of the awesome cake/cupcake images, I designed my project around an awesome layer cake. Luckily for me, the image size was perfect for a Creative Embellishments frame that I've been wanting to use: the Fern Frame. The center of the frame is right about 2 1/2 inches, so perfect for a smaller photo.



Because the 6x6 panels are my all-time favorite Creative Embellishments item, I grabbed the very cool Harlequin Lattice and used it as a layer for my card between the pink script paper and the blue floral. I've punched one edge of the floral design and then stamped the outer edges of it with the Distressed Crackle Stamp. That one is probably my most used stamp ever, so it's definitely worth the investment.



For once, I left my chipboard bare with no alteration except for a dab of white gesso at the end. Which I never do!!! I usually at least ink these babies but this time I wanted the rich tones of the chipboard to lie against the pink and blue.




Isn't that Fern Frame divine?! 
For my use, I mounted the fussy cut cake image and adhered it to the top of the frame. Lastly, I dabbed everything with white gesso. 



Moving on to the tag ... which I dearly love to create! 

I've layered 4 paper layers to create the tag with one of those being the fussy cut balloons that you see  on the right hand side of the creation. They are so cute! 
To co-ordinate with the card, I've used the Distressed Crackle Stamp again. 



Finally, I added a few flowers and turquoise flat back pearls.
I then added the #party from the Social Hash Tags set. Again, I left the chippie bare except for dabbed gesso. (If you are searching for these, hash tag is 2 words on this particular description.)

This photo shows my layers just a bit better.
After adding some tulle at the top, I was done.

Thanks for coming by the blog today.
Be sure and browse the store at Creative Embellishments.com.

Sandi


CE Products used:
Distressed Crackle Stamp

4 comments:

  1. These look so pretty Sandi, really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and what you did with the CE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Sandi, love those colors together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful work!!! Love the colors and all the layers and elements. Please feel free to enter your creations in Crafter's Castle monthly challenge :) Hugs...Janie crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete