Monday, January 20, 2020

Valentine's Cards for Creative Embellishments

Hello, scrappy friends! 
Sandi  here with you today. 
Welcome to Monday and the start of another hopefully great week! 

Today I'm sharing a couple of Valentine card ideas. 
Whew, for me coming up with a design and choosing my papers are usually the hardest part! 
How about you?


And here they are!
Both of these cards were created using Graphic 45s "Birdsong" collection along with their "Place in Time" collection. I love that they have re-released some of these great older collections.
These cards make a pretty duo and will likely go to my poor hubby who suffers through all my feminine themes since creating masculine cards are a struggle for me. But I do have 3 lovely daughters who would also like to receive a thoughtful card from mom.




Because I was itching to use the Heart Balloon Set, my whole card design was based around incorporating part of that set. When I saw this lady and umbrella image with its windswept look, I knew it was a given to use. I've also been enjoying playing around with 4x8 cards lately to see what I can create on a taller card. After layering my papers, I misted the balloons as well as the Forever True Valentines Sentiments with 13 Arts Burnt Sienna Chalk mist.
The balloons were given some height with foam adhesives.
Lastly, some Stickles to provide highlights.
On the left, I added one of the CE wood veneer  Conversation Hearts.

Here is a close-up for you:




>>><<<



Next up is a design that I have been wanting to re-create based on an old sketch by Leah Schaeffer for Stuck on U Sketches. I've provided the sketch below.

This time, I used the papers that I had remaining from the previous card but I alternated the layering. My circles were cut with an old hand punch. I layered on a couple of cute images and then decorated the remaining circles with wood veneer Conversation Hearts. A strategic single band near the bottom and it was done!

Here is that sketch:




And here is a close-up of the Conversation Hearts I used:



Aren't they cute?


I think that is about it for today!
Thanks so much for your ongoing support here at Creative Embellishments.
We appreciate your shopping with us and playing along with the monthly challenges. Also, don't forget to join our Facebook group for another opportunity to be inspired and to win free stuff!

See you next time!
Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 
Heart Balloon Set
Valentines Sentiments
Conversation Hearts

2 comments: