Thursday, March 12, 2020

Oversized Lucy Tag for Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

I'm back with you today sharing another Large Tags creation. 
This time I've used a vintage photo of Lucille Ball, my awesome Creative Embellishments products, and some collaboration foil products from Rinea.com. My tag papers and media products are all from 13 Arts



I started by selecting one of the Large Tags from the oversized tag set and covered it with papers from the 13 Arts Summer Rhapsody  6x6 paper pad. Then I prepped it with 13 Arts clear gesso before using the Distressed Patterns Stencil and pushing my 13 Arts modeling paste through it. 

Next I prepared and colored the new Feel The music chipboard piece which I thought would make a great base layer and go with the Hollywood theme. I will definitely order more of this piece! 

While all of that was drying, I turned my attention to the Rinea.com products. We are collaborating with them this month, so I upped my game and took the time to die cut both a doily piece as well as layers from Donna Salazar's Rose Creation flower die. 



It's been a hot minute since I've taken the time to create handmade flowers but with the help from the Rinea Mocha/Gold Glossy Solid Packs & Rolls and the Rinea Earth Tones Foiled Paper Variety Pack I've got some gorgeous flowers! I think the textured paper from the Earth Tones Foiled Paper Variety Pack  was a big win in helping to keep with the textured feel that I prefer and cut down on some of the "shiny."


 

I colored some cheesecloth to layer under my photo placed that over the die cut Prima doily. While I had the color out, I painted some pink over my stenciled area. For definition, I did use some bronze Prima wax on the edges of the tag to coordinate with my flowers. 

I finished with some 3D balls, pearls and ribbon. Of course, I had to add the "Love" die cut from 13 Arts because we all Love Lucy, right? 

Thank you for coming by today! 
We appreciate your support of Creative Embellishments! 


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Rinea.com products used: 


1 comment: