Friday, May 29, 2020

Vintage inspired Birthday Cards ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, creative friends! 

Today I'm sharing a couple of vintage-inspired DL size cards for those upcoming family birthdays that we have. Sadly, we have postponed our June gathering until mid-August and are hoping for the best. There is usually around 25 of us, so we are being cautious about how and when to have our party this time. 


Anyway, I was still in a vintage mood from a previous project I had just finished and it carried over a bit onto today's cards. I decided I would do one more feminine card and one more masculine in design.



Here is card number one featuring that fabulous  Doily Border along the left side. It was stained with walnut ink and adhered to some 13 Arts Grungy Walls paper. For a little added interest, I papered one of the solid Artist Trading Coins with the same paper as is on the card, then added a coin piece from the Steampunk Artist Trading Coins. This one has a grouping of numbers which I thought was fitting for a birthday card. It was also stained with walnut ink. 



To soften my design, I added a combination of silk florals along with some floral ephemera pieces from Tim Holtz. For even more texture, I added some strands of sisal.



Lastly, I added this little saying from 13 Arts Vintage Moments collection. It's a little snarky and fun! This is also a good close-up of part of the Doily Border. 



And here is a close-up of the ATC.

****


Now on to my more masculine card.
This vintage fella was also on the A6 sheet along with the birthday saying from above, so I thought I'd use him and go from there. Since I already had the Steampunk Artist Trading Coins on my desk, it was an easy decision to use them.


I altered these 3 coin pieces with my walnut stain and then added some waxes to them to achieve a look of patina. Super quick to do. And then just for fun, I added a couple of screw heads from the Screws, Bolts, Nuts, Washers set. 



I grabbed a long screw from the Screws, Bolts, Nuts, Washers set and used that to mount my Happy B*Day message. 

Just a little inking on the edges and this one was done! 
Sometime, it's the sitting down to create that is the hardest. LOL

Thanks for coming by today. 
You still have a few more days to play along with the May Challenge. You'll find it at the top of the blog. 

See you next time! 
Sandi

Creative Embellishments products used: 




2 comments: