Friday, May 4, 2012

In Celebration of Mother's ~ SOUS ~


Oh Happy Day! It's Friday and  time for another Stuck on U Sketches Die Cut Challenge reveal! This time our Die Cut theme is "In Celebration of Mothers." 

At first I wasn't sure what I wanted to create for this challenge. A myriad of cute ideas came to mind .. not sharing 'cause I might use them later, LOL .. but I settled on doing a great card and using some of my new Cheery Lynn Designs Dies as well as one of my Sissix Dies. 

First off my papers are from Pink Paislee's London Market, Curiosities. I did cut a black strip from Kensington and used my MS Floral Vine punch on it. 


Next I cut my awesome French Pastry Doily with my Cheery Lynn  Designs die and using my Vagabond. Love how it turned out! I inked the edges  with my ColorBox Ruby cats eye. Then I added a Die Cut from the London Market embellishments and cut it to fit my doily. I dry embossed the word "Celebrate" on the circle and ran some black ink over the raised letters. After the remainder of the card was complete, I went back and added some Liquid Pearls in Onyx Pearl. 


My florals are Manor House's Taneisha and one Madeline Prima. I did have some leafy branches already cut using my Sissix Branch w/leaves Die. They are inked with Evergreen and I've embossed a vein on them with my scoring tool, then bent them to make them look a bit more realistic. I enhanced them some more with Smooch Pearlized Ink. 

My pride and joy though is my awesome Cheery Lynn Designs die cut butterfly. This one is called Small Lace Faerie Queen with Angel Wing. You're going to be seeing a lot of these, I'm afraid! So intricate and whimsical. I chalked her up and added a few pearls and set her to rest upon my flowers. 

I'm so glad that you came by today. I hope that you will visit all the DT members and see what they have done for this challenge. We are also hoping that you will play! You will have 2 weeks to upload your new project for a chance at making our Top 3! You must use a Die Cut tool or Die Cut machine .. remember, it's a Die Cut Challenge! 

Leave me some scrappy love .. I enjoy reading it! 

14 comments:

  1. Woow Sandi what a fabulous work you made on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is beautiful! I love that butterfly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Ms Sandi....
    And congrats on your DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi this card is just awesome! Love the colors and the intricate cuts are just awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft, elegant, and beautiful. Love that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo eeeee !!!! again you've blown me away Sandi!! I just looove that butterfly !!!! & the doiley !!!! all in all your card is just GORGEOUS !!! hugz X:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The butterfly is gorgeous! What an amazing card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazingly beautiful card Sandi.. I love your touch of elegance and that butterfly is gorgeous..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely Beautiful card!! I agree with Nanne, just a touch of elegance :)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is elegant and gorgeous, that butterfly is so delicate and looks like that it is about to flutter off the page!!! Seriously AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card Sandi! Don't you just love those Cheery Lynn Dies!!! Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card. So elegant. Now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete