Friday, February 24, 2017

Lucy ~ February Scraps of Elegance Kit (Watercolor Wishes")


Hello, scrappy friends! 

I finally got a chance to really dig into my February Scraps of Elegance "Watercolor Wishes" Kit. This is such a gorgeous kit filled with lots 49 and Market, Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals, Blue Fern Studios chipboard and so much more in the way of embellishments! 


For my first project with this Kit, I decided to do my monthly "Lucy" page. Everyone seems to enjoy them, so as long as I can find new photos showing her glamorous side, I guess I'll continue creating them.

"Beautiful"

I started with the 49 and Market Heirloom Botanicals "The Patch" as my base layer and did some mixed media work with super heavy gesso and a stencil (stash) as well as the Lindy's Oom Pah Pah Pink Magicals Shaker from the  Main Kit. I left the Magicals a tad bit powdery instead of completely saturating them with water. I liked the cool and unexpected texture they created.

Then I added photo layers with "Harmony" and "Passage" papers also from the Heirloom Botanicals collection. I filled in with fussy cut images from the 49 and Market Cut Outs sheet. My Blue Fern Studios chipboard title piece "Beautiful" was heat embossed with the Lindy's Bratwurst Brown Embossing Powder from the Color add-on.

Then I added in my florals and stones to enhance my glamorous photo.

Here are some close-ups:


Are those 49 and Market flowers not just the most beautiful things? These are the Shimmer and Shine in lilac. If you love glitter, these will be right up your alley. You can also see the peach doily from the Main Kit and a rhinestone from the Elements Add-on. These are from Prima's Love Clippings collection. Note the awesome heat embossed chipboard from Blue Fern Studios.  Also in the background you can see a strip of BoBunny Felicity from the Co-ordinating Paper Add-on.




Another sweet floral cluster enhanced with more of the Shimmer and Shine flowers, a note from the KaiserCraft Ooh la la collection (Co-ordinating Paper add-on) as well as the sweet bird from Prima's Metal Trinkets found in the Elements Add-on.  The silver hearts are found in the Main Kit! Because we love Lucy, right? 



Those vintage suitcases are from the 49 and Market Cut Outs page as are some of the paper florals I have scattered around the page! Get ready to swoon over those wonderful stones included in the Main Kit! 



This close-up shows you how grainy I left my Lindy's Magicals from the Main Kit. I can see that these are going to be so versatile! 



Just some finishing touches with the cut-outs and rhinestones. (The cheesecloth is from my stash.)

I think that's about it for my first Watercolor Wishes Kit. I'm excited to complete the rest of them!

Thanks for coming by!

~ Sandi ~










3 comments:

  1. Oh, Sandi you probably knew that I would definitely stop in for a comprehensive view of this beauty!!! LOVELY! I absolutely adore the metal bird!!! OMG! You always do Lucy justice. Such a beautiful woman. People tend to just relate her to comedy, but you have shown us all how elegant and prestigious she really was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and all the distressing!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow now a I got a little jealous, wonderful kit! I've had this kit both elegance and darknes, but I decided to stop having them until the post delivery here in Sweden will get better.

    ReplyDelete