Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Getting my paint 0n ~ Shimmerz Design Team ~

Hey hey, scrappy friends! 
It's Sandi here with you today sharing my latest Shimmerz Paints project. 
I wanted to have a little fun with some of the newest Shimmerz Paints colors, so I decided to create this little art palette piece and try for an ombre effect using the grays. 



The actual Art Palette is a chipboard piece from Creative Embellishments and it's about 7 inches high.  I prepped it with some crackle paste and let that air dry (waiting is the hardest part!) for about 24 hours. Next I adhered some old paintbrushes and decided on my other embellishments.

To achieve the ombre look, I've used Coloringz Night MovesVibez GreyFlannel and lastly Spritz Granny Gray. These were simply sprayed on one after the other.




Before the colors were completely dry, I splattered on Shimmerz Teal the End of Time and Vibez Snow Storm. And then because I couldn't stand NOT to, I splattered on some of the new Shimmerz Pip Pip Cherry O. It adds a nice pop of color!




When that was done, I colorized my chipboard title (also Creative Embellishments) with the Coloringz Night Moves. After adhering that, I moved on to adding my other embellies.




I finished everything off with some white gesso splattering and highlighting.  Lastly, I added a few of the new sequins we are carrying by SpeigelMom ... Spigelmom Scraps Sequins Picking Wild Flowers


 

I'm loving all the dimension and mostly, these new gray colors!
I'm thinking lots of great modern farmhouse projects!

If you are ready to shop, don't forget to include my name SANDI in the comment section, to receive a little free gift.

That's it for today!
Thanks for coming by.

 Vibez GreyFlannel (new) 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation, I love the back ground effect and love the use of old paint brushes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! This is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beauty! This one deserves a spot on the wall!

    ReplyDelete