Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Adore ~ More than just chipboard, folks!

Hello, scrappy friends!

Thanks for coming by today for my Creative Embellishments/Shimmerz Paints combo project.
Today I have a layout featuring a special photo of my cousin's granddaughter. 


One of my favorite pieces from Creative Embellishments is the 6x6 Steampunk Gear Panel! (all the 6x6 panels, really.)  I love seeing how many different ways I can alter them ... although my fave for this Steampunk piece seems to be as you see it here with 3 colors of Rust Paste, sprinkles of aged gold embossing powder with a "darkened edge" achieved with my Shimmerz Coloringz Chocolate Brownie and a few shots of Vibez Hot Fudge.  Altering large pieces of chipboard like this is therapeutic for me! 


Of course, as always I wind up covering more of my panel than I intended. But here are some close-ups of the chipboard which has been cut apart for my use here:



My background is created using clear gesso, then super heavy gesso pushed through my Creative Embellishments Distressed Circle Stencil. I added some color with a transfer technique of my Shimmerz Vibez Mango Tango



Nice shot of how the Chocolate Brownie Coloringz darkens the edge to give a vintage vibe. Although it's hard to see, Vibez Glorious Day adds such an accent!



Stamping with my Creative Embellishments Circle Bokeh Stamp and  Distressed Text Stamp has added depth. When my layout was complete, I splattered white gesso and black paint as a finishing touch. 



I've used the large Family Word Border across the top and as a title. It was darkened with my Shimmerz  Chocolate Brownie Coloringz which was then highlighted with my Shimmerz Vibez Hot Fudge. One last embellishment was a Creative Embellishments Seasons Change Flair that I tucked in amongst my florals.

Lots of gorgeous Fall colored flowers complete the project. 

Thanks for coming by today! 



Creative Embellishments Products used:
Chipboard:


Shimmerz Products used: 


2 comments:

  1. This is soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the photo, the layers, the gears and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete