Thursday, June 13, 2019

Memories ~ Nostalgic Mixed Media Layout With Sandi

Hello, 13 Arts fans! 

Sandi here with you today sharing a layout I created focused around an old photo of my uncle and I at my grandparents farm. I was a city girl (still am) and had great respect for all their animals.  Respect and fear, LOL. I still remember being afraid this old Bossy cow was going to trample all over me. But it made for a great photo opportunity for my mother! 


Anyway, my intention was to stick with some green to represent the fields where we stood along with some blue for the sky and then lots of browns, amber and so forth to represent the cow. However, as I played around with my paints, I decided to throw in some pink to represent myself. 



Here is a little collage of photos showing you the layout before I added my embellishments and photo. I firstly primed my Paper Blue Nights ~ Blue Magnolia with Clear Gesso and then covered 3/4 of the paper with a mix of White Gesso and MAGIC Powder to achieve a bit of crackle. I allowed that too dry overnight before proceeding. I did some random stamping with the Numbers Stamp  and then some stenciling with the script portion of the Dandelions Stencil and some Modeling Paste.

All my paint colors are all listed below in products used but are comprised of mostly some Rainbow powders, Ayeeda Water Ink and some Splash products. 



While my paints were drying, I altered the large clock chipboard from Chipboard HIS HERS Remastered with Rainbow Color Brown and the leaves from the Chipboard Set Vintage Summer A4 with the Olive Green Ayeeda Ink. The title piece was left bare and is included in the Rose Fields Chipboard Set 12x12.

I layered my photo on torn and distressed pieces of the Paper Postcards ~ Blue Magnolia and matted my photo with BLUE MAGNOLIA A4 Butterfly collage. The little colorful scrap under the clock was my original test scrap of paper and I decided to include it for interest.




Before adhering the focal area, I added some Sisal ecru for texture and a few fussy cut florals from BLUE MAGNOLIA A4 Butterfly collage as well as some three dimensional flowers. I tucked in a paper doily and scrap of leaves from my stash. Since this was an outdoor scene, I included the bees from Metal Insects and a fussy cut butterfly also from BLUE MAGNOLIA A4 Butterfly collage.




I finished off with some paint splattering, dabs of watered down white gesso and some of the SPLASH Old Gold Glitter Ink and 13 Arts SPLASH White Ayeeda Ink.





Here you can see a little of the crackle I was trying to achieve.
This project got a little more colorful than I intended but my husband says he likes it and I hope that you will as well.

13 Arts Products used: 
Clear Gesso

Thank you so much for coming by the blog today!
I hope you will be inspired to create.
See you next time!




2 comments:

  1. Amazing layout. I love the colors on the back ground!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete