Saturday, June 1, 2019

Creative Embellishments June Challenge!

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
It's time to reveal the June Challenge .. and what a great challenge image this one is! 
The twist is to add a banner. 

We hope that you will play along! You could win a $50 gift certificate to Creative Embellishments and load up on all your favorite chipboard, stamps, stencil or Flair. 


I was inspired by the overall happy them of the challenge image and decided to take this opportunity to create a card and tag set. I have a bazillion birthdays in June and July, so having plenty of cards on hand is an awesome thing! 

I've used this paper collection before but went a different route this time. It amps up the party theme and looks great with the chipboard in its raw, unaltered state. Just a dab of gesso at the end to blend! 



Here is the card which is fairly simple this time around. Just an added strip of punched paper and a square with gifts on it, some flowers and fluff! I layered my chippy banner pieces which are from the Happy Birthday Banner set. Aren't they fabulous?! For some added interest, I tucked in a half-butterfly from the Flourish Butterfly Set 2. Love these old teal Petaloo flowers that I can hardly find anymore. Perfect color and size. 



The tag is my usual triple layer, punched tag with some hearts layered in from the Heart Pieces set. Next I added the Happy Birthday phrase from the Birthday Word Set. Some floral, gesso and twine and all done! 



Here is a close-up of the banner itself which I layered together. Even though I left mine raw, it would be awesome if painted, inked or embossed. 



Lastly, a close-up of the half butterfly! Look at the dainty cuts! 

Here is the Challenge image: 



Creative Embellishments products used:

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Can't wait to see what you create. 

Sandi


2 comments: