Friday, August 16, 2019

Always ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
Sandi here with you today sharing a layout I created recently. 
Lately I have been creating a lot of cards and tags, so creating on a 12x12 layout seems gigantic, haha! 


I've been wanting to create with this photo taken last Thanksgiving when 3 of us showed up to dinner wearing black and white flannel plaid. So, naturally we had to snap a photo. 

For my creation, I wanted to use this new paper from 13 Arts Summer Rhapsody. Since it is not Autumn colors, I decided to use some elements representing nature. I had just re-ordered the Dandelions, so I chose those along with some bonus flowery leaves from the Autumn Leaves Set


I framed my photo with the Film Strip Picture Frame Set after dabbing it with white gesso much like all the other chipboards save for the tittle piece. 


I prepared my background with clear gesso and then dabbed white gesso around my focal area and also highlighted that area with 13 Arts acrylic paint and acrylic medium. For more dimension, I also dabbed some gesso through my Distressed Patterns Stencil



The dainty little title piece is a new one from the Everyday Word Set. It was painted pink with my 13 Arts acrylic Pink matte paint and then frosted it with some glitter snow. 



I adore how Nicolle captured the true nature of blown dandelions with these fab Dandelions. All I did was dab them with gesso and then frosted them a bit with my glitter snow for texture. They were placed in a falling manner to further communicate their nature. 



Here are the little bitty ones from the set. Aren't they cute? 

I finished with some paint splatters and some 3D balls. 

Just a quick, totally non-stressful project. I think the Dandelions made for the fun! 

Thanks for coming by today. 



Creative Embellishments products used: 
Chipboard: 
Stencil:


2 comments: