Sunday, December 1, 2019

Creative Embellishments December Challenge!

Hello,  Creative Embellishments fans! 
I can hardly believe that it is December again already! 


This month’s Color Challenge is fabulous for doing any type of holiday project. And of course, adding some glitter is a given!

 I created this fun Christmas Card and Tag Set with papers from my stash, some Creative Embellishments chipboard and paints/glitter from 13 Arts. Products used are Doily Frame Set 2Jumping DeerLarge Snowflake Set and Christmas Sentiments

Although I’m not usually drawn to creating with silver and gold, I love how this turned out! So, challenging oneself is a good thing.

I painted the Doily Frame Set 2 with some old silver metallic paint by 13 Arts; then I added some old gold glitter for shine and to meet the challenge requirements. While I had the silver paint out, I also painted the Christmas Sentiments words for both the card and the tag. 

Next, I focused on the deer. I painted both of them with an antique white craft paint and then began adding a bit of wax and followed up with plenty of the old gold glitter paint from 13 Arts. For blending, I used some vintage photo ink as well as white gesso. 

The snowflakes were simply painted with white gesso and glammed up with the same glitter paint! Easiest way to add glitter without making a mess! 

To really finish off the project, I added some gold flowers and berries from Petaloo. For the tag, I did some paper punching and added a ribbon. 

Here are some close-ups: 





I hope that you will play along with us this month! 
I know it's busy but you probably have to make something anyway, right? 

Here is the Challenge image: 



Creative Embellishments products used:




2 comments: