Friday, December 6, 2019

More Christmas Cards with Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 
The Christmas Countdown is truly under way, right? 

Here are a couple of fairly quick cards to inspire you. Once you have an idea of what you want to create, the longest part often times is waiting for the paint to dry even with a heat gun. I'm impatient, I know. 


This duo was created with some very, very old Webster's Pages papers and done in an "out of my norm" rectangular shape. I think this style looks super elegant. Add your chippys along with a few embellishments as needed and you are done! 
Just add your sentiment inside. 



For this one, I chose to use a few of the Christmas Bulbs which were painted with 13 Arts water inks and then dabbed with distress inks as desired. There were stacked randomly with some added gold ribbon and a bit of paper florals from a Kit from last year. 

For a greeting, I added the Christmas Sentiments which were stained with walnut ink and jazzed up with a bit of Stickles and more of the paper florals. 



My second and maybe fave of these two, is the reindeer in the trees from the Reindeer Set along with a couple of the Tall Trees and a snowflake. My reindeer was painted with a cream paint and them inked with vintage photo. I added a few spots with more of the cream craft paint. My trees were paint with 13 Arts water ink, distress ink and topped with Aleene's Snow Glitter. They were super fun to play with.

Next I added my title which was stained with walnut ink.
For balance, I added a snowflake that was coated with white gesso. Afterwards, I thought a star might have been more suitable but I rather like the snowflake.

Lastly, I added a few flat backed pearls!

Here are a few close-ups of both cards:











Thanks so much for coming by today.
Hopefully, you will find something to inspire you!

Be sure and visit the links below to do some retail shopping.

See you next time!





Creative Embellishments products used: 
Large Snowflake Set
Tall Trees
Christmas Sentiments
Christmas Bulbs
Reindeer Set

1 comment: