Saturday, February 1, 2020

Creative Embellishments February Challenge

Hello, scrappy friends! 
It's time for another Challenge over at  Creative Embellishments
I'm excited about this month's challenge because it was created by myself a few months ago. I love creating mood boards, so it's an honor when Nicolle likes my work enough to use it as the Challenge image. I'll share it near the end of this post!!!



Here are the two cuties that I created from leftover Graphic 45 scraps. These are 6x6 but I did have some large enough sheets to accommodate that! 

I wanted something simple but with a shabby chic look to them. My original intention was to use handmade flowers but ultimately, I was just too impatient to get my dies out and use them! 



This was actually Card #2 but it turned out to be the quickest one because I had already created my basic design. These papers are from Graphic 45s Once Upon a Springtime. These colors co-ordinate perfectly with the other card which has entirely different papers! 

Here I've used Flourish Heart Frame 1 sort of in the center, added a couple of 49 and Market flowers along with a twine bow. Near the bottom, I added the XOXO from the Valentines Sentiment Set. Lastly, I added a few flat-backed pearls. 

All my chipboard pieces were altered with walnut stain. 




This card had a similar concept. This was where I actually came up with a quick design. After eyeing my focal point, I clustered some Valentine Word Hearts and a piece from the Filigree Corner Set 2
 around it. Then I added the floral piece and the twine bow. 

Almost as an afterthought, I added a title piece in the left hand corner which was the word Gift from the Valentine Word Set. Again, all my chipboard was altered wit walnut stain. 

These papers are from Graphic 45s A Ladies Diary collection .. still a huge fave of mine! 
Some pearls and leaves finished off the project. 

So, now it's your turn to create! 


Here is the Challenge image: 
The twist is to add flowers. 

I hope that you will be able to play along! 
Think love, travel, commitment and family! 
Or maybe the colors will inspire you. 

Thanks for coming by today! 




Creative Embellishments products used: 


1 comment: