Friday, August 7, 2020

Romantic Greeting Cards for Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Sandi here with you today sharing a couple of romantic greeting cards suitable for multiple occasions. I love having non-themed greeting cards available for all those last minute times when I need a card for family and friends. 

The Creative Embellishments Store has so many different items that will work for almost every occasion. All you need is time and a little inspiration. 



Here are the two cards that I created last week using some 13 Arts papers and a couple of card bases along with my chipboard. 



This one is a little more on the dark, dramatic side and features the Circle Shaker Set and one of the butterflies from the Flourish Butterfly Set 2. My papers are 13 Arts Victoriana. 

My shaker was painted with both black paint and a brown mist to get the more grungy color I was going for. The butterfly is similar with some red mist and added waxes for shine and definition. 



My shaker mix is from Buttons Galore and More and is called Metallic Mix.

To kick things up a notch, I added a bow and a floral to the middle of my butterfly. These flourish butterflies are one of the many hidden gems at Creative Embellishments. 

***


My second card is a little more shabby chic with much less drama but pretty nonetheless. 

Again I've used 13 Arts paper (Rosalie) and a couple of the Love Artist Trading Coins which I simply dabbed with brown ink. Because I wanted to add a backing to each coin, I grabbed a couple of the blank Artist Trading Coins and covered them with coordinating paper. Then I adhered the Love Coins on top. I used some foam squares under the left coin so that it could rest easily against the coin on the right. 



Just for a little something extra, I added some sisal and a few flowers as a finishing touch. When I get ready to gift this card, it will so easy to just add my sentiment inside! 

So, which do you like best? Drama or Shabby? 

I hope you have had time to play along with this month's challenge! The Challenge image was created by yours truly and was so fun to do! You can find the Challenge HERE

See you next time! 
Sandi 


Creative Embellishments products used:

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! These are STUNNING!!! Loving all the amazing details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Sandi.. the shaker card is stunning with the rich colors..

    ReplyDelete