Friday, August 21, 2020

Capture the Moment ~ Creative Embellishments

Hello, scrappy friends! 
So glad that you stopped by today. 

This week I'm sharing an over-sized tag that I used as my base layer. This one comes in the Large Tags set. These are approximately 5 x10 inches so are quite large and perfect to use similarly to a canvas. 

The photo is one of my nephews showing his support for his Grandmother who fought breast cancer. I love that the men in our family are not afraid to add a little pink to their otherwise rugged, athletic lifestyle. 


To cover my tag, I've used some papers from the 13 Arts Travel the World collection. I covered it with clear gesso and then used the Rivet Stencil to push some modeling through. I love the industrial look it provides. When that dried, I did some random stamping with the Distressed Crackle Stamp




Since my brother's family lives in Colorado, I thought the Mountains chippy set would be a perfect backdrop for my photo. These were altered with walnut stain and some paints.




To the right side of my photo, I've tucked in one stamp from the Postage Stamps and then placed the Round Distressed Stamps on top of the photo.  These were both altered with Vintage Photo stain.




I adore the little cameras in the Capture the Moment set and tucked one in here.




The Capture the Moment title was placed near the bottom of my tag.
Just a bit of ink, gesso blending and some ribbon ... and it was done!


You still have some time to play along with the August Challenge. It's the first post pinned to the top of the Creative Embellishments Blog.

That's it for me today!
See you next time.

Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used:
Chipboard:
Large Tags
Stamp:
Stencil:


2 comments:

  1. SO gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sandi! This tag is glorious!!!! The colors are fab & I just LOVE the colors & painting of the mountains - they are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete