Saturday, April 21, 2018

Beautiful Memories, Lucy layout with Sandi ~ International Scrapbook Garden

Hello again, scrapping friends! 
Sandi here with you today sharing this month's "Lucy" layout. 


As you may have noticed, I've been shying away from the purples a bit this month.
 Although I really do love a good purple layout, I get anxious over not getting to play with other colors! LOL
So, why not go big and grab myself some RED from the Bonus flowers and play with those colors, right? 
And remarkably, it works! 

I've been creating with the "A Rustic Spring" Garden Kit from The International Scrapbook Garden which has such a great mix of elements this time around! I went a bit crazy the day my Kits came in and got to see all the goodies that Tracie sent. 

For this Lucy page (Lucille Ball publicity photo, circa 1950) I prepared the background with clear gesso and some crackle paste ... which true to form, I mostly covered up with my embellishments! When I was added the last few touches, I colorized around my focal point with the Shimmerz Coral Reef Inklingz. These Shimmerz Inklings are the bomb! Just the perfect touch to add depth to your page. Lastly, I splattered with the Coral Reef as well as the Steely Blue Eyes Inklingz. 


My base papers were 13 Arts Vintage Moments Lavender Fields and In the Past. The excess from my paper tearing made for great photo layers. Don't you love the Prima vellum butterflies? 


I had already designed how I wanted to layer the red 49 and Market Poppy flowers. 



So, my next step was altering my Creative Embellishments Easter Frame chipboard.  First I gessoed the piece, then added my embossing glue and lastly added my chunky Stampendous Aged Gold Glitter. I like to stop the heat gun before the entire piece becomes shiny .. that way some of the chunkiness remains and gives the piece lots of texture. Because this isn't an Easter layout, I turned the chipboard on it side and used it more as a frame. It was finished off towards the end with some gold microspheres from 13 Arts (stash). 


Close-up of the chippy. 


Here you can see some of my background stamping and colorizing.


My little title pieces were cut from the manufacturer label of the 49 and Market Tattered Garden Beauty paper. Look how gorgeous that Coral Reef is and how it blends with the paper! 



Just another little corner with more flowers and beads. 


And an angled shot.


And lastly, the other side. 

 So, that's it from me this time. 

Here's the Main Kit:



See you girls next time! 

XO
Sandi


Products used:
13 Arts Vintage Moments Lavender fields
13 Arts Vintage Moments In the past
Shimmerz Coral Reef Inklingz
Shimmerz Steely Blue Eyes Inklingz
Creative Embellsihments Easter Frame
Prima lavender flowers Ophelia butterflies 
49 and Market Blossom Blends, Poppy
49 and Market Vintage Shades, Orchid Cluster
49 and Market, loose yellow blooms
Prima Shabby Chic treasures Antique Street Signs
Kaisercraft Clear Stamp Romantique

From my stash:
Gesso
Gold Embossing powder
Gold microbeads


4 comments:

  1. This is so BEAUTIFUL! LOVING the photo of Lucy and loving all the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very beautiful with this lovely photo of Lucy and i love the red details that fits so well by her lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Sandi, you've done it once again! Doesn't matter what color you scrap Lucy in, you always make her look even more stunning! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this looks so sophisticated and classy, love the red flowers...

    ReplyDelete