Friday, November 16, 2018

More than Words November Guest Designer

I'm so excited!
.... Excited to share that a few of us at Creative Embellishments are Guest Designing over at
More than Words Challenge Blog this month.

Their challenge for November is all about the word "FUTURE" .. and for the creative aspect we were asked to use "STARS" on our project.

Here is my sample:



One of the most immediate events in my FUTURE are the upcoming holidays. As a grandmother, I especially enjoy seeing things through my grandchildren's eyes. I always wonder which traditions will be passed down through the generations ... and what new ones may come along. The inspiration word Future prompted me to scrap this photo of my sweet little grandson who hopefully will someday be a Santa to his own little family.  My STAR shapes are evident in both the stenciled background, multiple chipboard star shapes and the Flair.




I started with a clear gesso base and then added texture using the Falling Stars Stencil and super heavy gesso pushed through it. 
Next I built up my photo cluster and then set preparing my chipboard. 
In this photo you can also see the Falling Stars Border section that I've altered and embossed red/gold. 



The Christmas Sentiments word set gave me some options for my title but I stuck with "Bright Lights "to carry on the theme.  To enhance the stencil work, there was lots of layering of Shimmerz color. 
You can see some of my background stamping here with the Crackle Stamp and the Grunge Music Note Border Stamp



Another section of the Falling Stars Border and also a fussy cut Saint Nick. 
And glory be, I found some very old poinsettias that were perfect fort this page! 



The Spiral Tree chipboard is really the star of the show on this layout and really helps ground my photo. It was inked in green and then I embossed the Star ornaments on it ... yes, it has stars as well! 
At the top of the tree, I placed a Star Flair from the Shine Flair Gold set. 



Just a little view from the side. 



I used lots of gold microbeads to bring out the gold of Christmas. 



My little subtitle is "Santa in Training."

Thanks for coming by! 
Hope you have time to play along with More than Words Challenge Blog

Sandi


Here is a list of Creative Embellishments products that I used:
Chipboard:
Falling Stars Border
Spiral Tree
Christmas Sentiments word set
Stencil:
 Falling Stars Stencil
Stamps:
 Crackle Stamp
Grunge Music Note Border Stamp
Flair:
Shine Flair Gold

5 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that photo and the stars!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words !! Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I adore that photo! Thanks so much for designing for us this month at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us this month as one of our sponsor GDTs!

    ReplyDelete