Thursday, December 20, 2018

Altered Paint Brush with Sandi ~ Shimmerz Paints

Hello, scrappy friends! 
Are you ready for Christmas? I'm getting there but whew, it's a little crazy around here! 

I'm up today with a fun, Altered Paint Brush project! 
I've been wanting to do another one and so, asked the hubby a few weeks back if he had an old, used one in the garage. Sure enough he did and here is the transformation! 
So pleased with how it turned out! 



Since it was in such bad shape, I added a layer of white gesso and allowed that to dry. Then I covered the entire paint brush with Inklingz-Miner-Miner-49er. The project required several coats but was sure worth it!




I wanted to have an almost "chipped paint" look, so after the Inklingz-Miner-Miner-49er dried, I added some Coloringz-Scarletts-Fever to the side and on the bristles of the brush. I went with red because I found this scrap of red pattern paper from years ago and really love it! I think it was BoBunny but I'm not really sure.



After choosing a couple of Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces, I primed them and gave them color with my Vibez-Snow-Way-Man. After they were glued to the brush, I coated them with some Diamond Dust. The chipboard was further embellished with floral and pearls.



I felt that the bristles needed a little more emphasis, so I added some Vibez-Glorious-Day to create a little more sparkle!



Lastly, I added a little narrow blue ribbon and considered it done!
I'm loving the Creative Embellishment new Artist Trading Coins and finding so many ways to use them!



Here are the Shimmer products utilized and there is a product list below.

Thanks for coming by today!

If you decide to do a little holiday shopping for yourself, be sure to add my name in the comment section for a little free gift with your purchase! 

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and I'll be back with you soon!
Sandi

1 comment: