Friday, February 10, 2023

Loving Lucy with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans!

 Sandi  here with you today sharing a Lucy layout featuring a publicity photo from when she was quite young.


This is one of those projects that took me forever simply because I was trying to conquer too many variable. This paper, that photo, mindful of background images, on and on. When I finally committed to just focus on my chippies, everything fell together so easily! Sometimes you just have to START and trust the process!



My papers are from 49 and Market's Serenity collection plus an additional brown card stock as my base. All my embellishments are from the January LE Kit from My Creative Scrapbook. I've used 3 chippies and they were all altered with Walnut Stain.

After prepping my paper and doing a little stencil work, I determined where I'd place my focal image and laid out my horizontal pieces. From there I knew where I wanted to add my Loved rub-on. Rather than using this as a title, I made it more part of the background images. Then I adhered the horizontal pieces and tucked my Lace Border 7 under the other 2 items.

Of course placing my florals and embellishments were among the last things I did before my paint splatters and adding some final pearls.

Below the Lace Border I added my title from the Gorgeous Small Border Set which again was altered with Walnut Stain.

One of my most favorite frames from Creative Embellishments is the Flourish Circle Frame. After altering it with Walnut Stain, I added some random, scattered  heat embossing using my chunky Stampendous Aged Gold embossing powder.

Here are two more images of the focal area:

Once I finished with my pearls and paint splatters, I finally felt finished! 

This was a fun one to do.

Thanks for coming by the blog today!

See you next time ...

Sandi 


No comments:

Post a Comment