Saturday, September 19, 2020

Bella ~ 13 Arts

Happy Saturday, friends! 

Today over on the 13 Arts Blog we are featuring the new Bella collection. 
A few of the Design Team members are sharing projects they have created with this gorgeous range! 


I decided to go with the Olive Gardens, Bella paper as my main base layer.
As a distressing technique, I did some paper burning along a few of the edges. I have a couple of hard, fast rules that I always abide by: 1.) I do this over the kitchen sink with the water running and 2. I always wait until there is another family member in the house. Just seems prudent. 

Next, I layered that paper over Damaged, Grungy Walls paper and applied clear gesso over my papers. I did some stamping with the Bella stamp as well as some stenciling with the Bella, Semper Stencil.

My photo is of a family friend and photo credit goes to @_sabrina_ruiz. 



For my focal layers, I've used strips from the Bella Foil Transparency and papers from the 2 smaller paper pads noted below.  I included some ephemera from the Bella Ephemera Pack. Also just for fun, I've used one of the new stickers from the Bella Stickers, A4 and a decorative clip from Decorative paper Clips, 4 pcs

My title cihpboard is from the Bella 6x6 Chipboard Set and is coated with black paint and Old Gold Glitter ink



The black medallion that you see tucked under the cactus is also from that same chipboard set.
For texture and to help soften the page, I've added some old Petaloo florals from my stash.

I emphasized the focal area as well as the stenciling with Pastel Cinnamon mist applied with a watercolor brush.



I almost forgot to show the stenciling I did with the Semper stencil.

To complete my layout, I added some sisal, grit and white gesso splatters.

That's it for me today.
I hope you will hop over to the 13 Arts Blog for more inspiration.

Sandi



13 Arts products used: 
Clear Gesso

1 comment: