Saturday, September 1, 2018

Victorian Steampunk TN ~ Creative Embellishments!

Hey, hey! 
It's time for the September Challenge at Creative Embellishments
Where does the time go?


I'm excited to share my take on the Inspiration Photo ... my take was to go Steampunk and play with some of the awesome Steampunk chipboard pieces that Nicolle has in the store.

This is an altered Travelers journal and I adore how it turned out!!
I've used the Steampunk Hot Air BalloonSteampunk Goggles and the Gears Set.
For the "something found" twist, I've used some small embellishments that I found in my scrappy junk drawers and was tickled to finally use, especially that wee suitcase and the gorgeous aqua drawer knob!

Here are some close-ups:



The Steampunk Hot Air Balloon was my primary layering piece. It was inked with Walnut Spray and then hit with some patina rust paste and sprinkled with aged gold embossing powder. I've added the little matching clock hands and a few gears from the Gears Set. Under my photo is a torn crochet doily. It adds more of a Victorian Steampunk vibe.



Next I took the 3 googles from the Steampunk Goggles and altered them the same as the balloon but layered them at the end. I thought it added some cool texture. Everything got a touch of white gesso at the end.



This is just a dimensional view.



And one from the other side.



Here is that fab drawer pull which was part of something found twist.



And one last photo of the journal!

Can't wait to see how the photo inspires YOU!
Here it is:



Creative Embellishments Products used:
See you next time! 
Sandi


3 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! LOVING the colors and textures!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchísimas gracias por visitar y dejar comentario en mi blog. Estoy feliz de haber participado en el Creative Embellishments, ya tengo pensado mi próximo proyecto para el desafío de septiembre, el cual nos presentas.
    Decirte que es precioso, elegante en todo su conjunto, colorido muy otoñal, complementos, foto, etc.
    Felicidades por ello.
    Nos vemos por el Creative Embellishments
    Besos y feliz semana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is absolutely fabulous love all the texture and details... wow...

    ReplyDelete