Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Mocha ~ Best Dog Ever with Creative Embellishments

Hello, Creative Embellishments fans! 

Today I'm sharing a sweet tribute layout for my youngest daughter whose little doggie sadly went over the rainbow bridge a few weeks ago. Mocha was tiny in stature but had a huge personality, 


Since this was my daughter's favorite photo, I stayed within the earth tone color family and used tan, brown and gold with some pale blue 49 and Market flowers to match Mocha's little blanket.

I have not used the wood veneer Alphabet Game Pieces before and wow, I've been missing a great alphabet set for titles and such! I left them natural for my use here. And will most definitely be getting more of them.



My background was prepared with clear gesso and then modeling paste pushed through the Muddy Paws Stencil. It is ideal for your fur baby layouts! Next I colorized my focal point with some Lindys Grab a Guy Gold.

For a nice frame, I chose the Viney Flourish Frame and inked it brown, then added a bit of chunky gold glitter.  It was layered under my focal point.

Look at those sweet alphas .. awww!
 And that cute flair from the Puppy Love Flair set!

Next I took the Zigzag Stitch Border and broke my own rule by cutting it in half! I love these nice, long pieces but needed to shorten them for this page. They were also inked with walnut.

You can also note the Happy Tails Flair here.



As I was preparing the background, I randomly stamped with the Distressed Chicken Wire Stamp which adds a nice dimension. For addition texture, I've added in some moss rose.


Just a view from the top of the layout to show more of the wonderful Viney Flourish Frame

This was kind of a hard project to do since I knew it would need to be extra special. With all the great fur baby products from the Creative Embellishments store, it was an easier task!

Creative Embellishments products used:
Chipboard:
Wood Veneer:
Stamp:
Stencil:
Flair:

See you again next time!




3 comments:

  1. Oh that is so sad, I know how that feels.. however your layout is a beautiful tribute and keepsake for your Daughter..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING that sweet photo, the colors and the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandi. Beautiful layout. I really love the Paw prints in the background. I am sure your daughter will love this layout very much.

    ReplyDelete