Thursday, April 11, 2019

13 Arts Easter/Spring project!

Hello, everyone! 
I am up on the 13 Arts blog today as part of today's group post. 
The Design Team was asked to do an Easter or Spring project, so I chose to do a layout featuring a photo of one of my little granddaughters from Easter last year. 


Having been inspired by our April Challenge mood board, I pulled out some of my Aqua Flora papers, using Aqua Flora Blue Dreams as my base with a wide strip of Aqua Flora Pink Bouquet layered on top. These tore some strips of the same and added a few note cards from Aqua Flora Elements A4.

As always, I coated my papers with 13 Arts Clear Gesso. Next I did some stenciling by pushing 13 Arts White Gesso through the Script Stencil Mask.  Before adding my extra layers, I laid down some
Sisal ecru to provide some texture.



After adding my photo layers, I added in some focal color using 13 Arts Metallic Pink Ayeeda Paint which I had thinned down with some 13 Arts Acrylic Liquid Medium. I prefer this to water but water would work as well. 

Next I added my florals, some from my stash as well as some from 13 Arts (Purple Cherry Blossoms.) There are also some fussy cut elements from the Aqua Flora Elements A4 sheet, the banner and the nest. 

The wee bunnies are from my stash but they help clarify that this is an Easter page. 



I had also chosen some chipboard pieces to use as title elements. They are from the Blue Magnolia Chipboard Set A6 and left raw. 


For additional texture, I added some Black Microspheres and some Silver Microspheres. I blended everything with watered down White Gesso as well as White Splash Ink. Lastly I added 3 fussy cut butterflies from the Transparent Foil Butterfly Garden sheet. 

I so enjoyed getting my fingers inky on this one! 
Below are the products used. 
Thanks so much for coming by! 



13 Arts Products used:



1 comment:

  1. This is stunning! LOVING the colors, the layers and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete