Monday, April 1, 2019

Creative Embellishments ~ April Challenge ~ Risen Tag

Hello, dear Creative Embellishments fans!
Today over on the CE blog, a few of the Design Team members are sharing their take on the inspiration photo.



I created a design on one of the CE Large Tags which are 5.5x10 inches! The are such a fun surface to use. I intended to use this as a large bookmark for my Lenten devotionals but it become too dimensional rather quickly! Because I had the Lenten season in mind, there are lots of hidden meanings.




The Creative Embellishments store has so many great products to choose from that it's easy to overlook some that might work perfectly for your project. I can spend hours browsing and always think of new ways to use the products, On this one large tag from the Large Tags set, I've used 7 Creative Embellishments products! The CE blog is also great source of inspiration as well.

There is a tree in the Challenge Image and that is how I got started on my project. I chose the Leafy Tree and went from there. I wanted a frame as base layer underneath the project, so chose the Viney Flourish Frame which you can see in the upper left and lower right. It is a huge fave of mine! All my chipboard pieces except for one was altered with 13 Arts Brown Water Ink.




This is a side view to show you both the dimension as well as some of the individual pieces. I lightened up the leaves of my tree with some gesso thinking of all the fruit trees that are now in bloom here in Texas.




I used the Barbed Wire Border 4 as one of my layers underneath the tree and paper layers. It was altered with 13 Arts Yellow Amber Water Ink and I'm using it to represent (for me) the crown of thorns that Christ wore to the cross. It would more typically used as an outdoor/cowboy/western  theme.




Tucked under some of the flowers, I added the Thorn Flourish Pair which make a nice flourish especially for roses and the like. But frankly, I added them to carry out my Lenten theme. Here you can also spy the Seasons Change Flair which has a tree on it as well. They are such a neat embellishment!




My large tag was covered with a layer of paper and then I randomly stamped with the Distressed Text Stamp. The twist on the Challenge this month is to use wood, so I've added my title thought RISEN using the Alphabet Game Pieces.

I think that's about it. There are lots of layers on this one but it was good therapy to get back in my scrapbook room!

Here is the CE Challenge image for April:


CE chipboard used: 
Large Tags
CE stamp used: 
CE Flair used:
CE Wood Veneer used: 

Can't wait to see your take on the Challenge!
Thanks for coming by !



13 Arts products used:

2 comments: