Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Palm Sunday Journal Entry ~ 13 Arts

Hey there, 13 Arts fans! 
This week we are featuring Watercolors over on the 13 Arts Blog

Today I'm sharing something a bit personal. 
Although I've long been a daily Bible reader, I've only recently began doing art journaling in one of my Bibles. This is the Ilustrating Bible which is spiral bound and has 4 inch margins. So, lots of room for journaling, a bit of drawing and napkinizing sometimes. 


For this projects, I've just used the 13 Arts Watercolors after using clear gesso to prime the page. I am certainly not an artist in the sense of being able to draw objects. However, after experiencing this last Palm Sunday via LiveStream only, I missed being with my normal faith friends and felt the need to journal about Palm Sunday. I thought a Palm Branch might be "fairly easy" to draw.




I've used watercolors from both the Watercolor set 16 pans - set of watercolors as well as the Mini Watercolor set, Down Under. My markers are from Illustrated Faith.
I highlighted some key verses about Christ's entry in to Jerusalem in a pretty blue/gray from the Down Under mini collection.




Here I've just added some details with a myriad of green, yellow, brown and white.

Thanks for coming by today and letting me share something different from my norm.
I hope you will visit the 13 Arts Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has done with watercolors.

Sandi




13 Arts Products used:

2 comments:

  1. This looks good.. and I think the art journalling in our Bible is a very personal expression so it does not matter on the skill but the heart behind it..

    ReplyDelete