Friday, April 10, 2020

Sympathy Cards with Sandi Clarkson

Hello,  scrappy friends! 
Sandi here today with a new project for Creative Embellishments

Awhile back, I asked Nicolle if she could design a set of Sympathy Card "sentiments" for those times when we need to send a card to a friend or loved one. 
Sympathy Cards don't seem to get a lot of attention in the craft industry but I think we all know from experience that it is comforting to receive something tangible to acknowledge our loss.  It is evidence that someone is thinking of you during your difficult time. 



Here is the design she created called Sympathy Word Set with suggested sentiments given by our Design Team:

******

For today I've created 2 Sympathy Cards .. one super elegant and one very simple and with a little more of a masculine vibe. 

So, let's check them out! 


This first one is my usual oversized, modified teepee card that takes me hourssssss.  I literally have to reinvent the wheel every time I create one even though I have a sample on hand with instructions, lol!  This time around was a tad faster but the first trial went in the trash when I adhered my papers wrong. 

The Sympathy Word Set was the only Creative Embellishments product that I used although I wish I had used one of their birdcages as seen HERE.  As far as elements to use on sympathy cards,     Flowers are always nice as are Butterflies and Birds. For men, you might choose something more masculine like Gears or Screws, Bolts, Nuts, Washers




My Deepest Sympathy chipboard was simply stained with walnut ink and then dabbed with gesso and a tiny bit of Icicle Stickles to blend with the flowers. 



I've included a couple of photos of the inside and the back of the card. My papers are all from the new 13 Arts Rosalie collection. 



And here is the back of the teepee card. 

*******


Here is the second card which was SOOO simple to create! 
It is just a white card base plus 2 pieces of patterned paper from the 13 Arts Travel the World collection and two pieces of chipboard: Condolences from the Sympathy Word Set and a section of chipboard lace from the Lace Border 6. They are both stained with walnut ink. 
A couple of flat backed pearls and it was done! 
It doesn't get much easier than that~! 



I originally created this card to be vertical but decided that it photographed better horizontally. I thought I would share it both ways to inspire your creative process. 


Here is a close-up of the chipboard. 

That's it for today. 
You still have about 10 days to play along with our March Challenge. 
I hope you can find time to play along and perhaps win some awesome Creative Embellishments product! 

See you next time! 


Creative Embellishments products used: 

13 Arts Papers: 

2 comments: