Friday, December 18, 2020

Fast and Easy Christmas Cards with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, friends!  

The clock is ticking and you just remembered someone else that you want to send a cheery Christmas card. 

Sandi Clarkson here with you sharing a couple of quick, easy ideas! 

The hardest part is choosing your papers! 

When planning this post, I knew the key was using some Creative Embellishments holiday chipboard sentiments that were on the larger side and essentially statement pieces.
 So, planning tip number #1 is to stock your stash with a few gorgeous chipboard or word veneer pieces. that have a more grand scale. 



Here I'm sharing a 6x6 card that consists of the white card base as well as 3 co-ordinating Christmas papers that were each about a quarter inch smaller than the one beneath it. After choosing my 3 pieces of papers, I ran them all through my Distrezz-it-all. You can also use your scissors or hand-held distress tools.  To add some interest, I tore off one corner. 

For some fun dimensions, I placed corrugated cardboard between each layer. That allowed me some space for tucking in some elements .. in this case the small snowflakes from the Snowflakes set. These were painted white and have some iridescent glitter glue added to glam them up! 

In the open area to the right, I added a small piece of the Pine Cone Clusters which was colorized with some 13 Arts watercolor and glitter glue. 

The large sentiment is the wood veneer Seasons Greetings. No alteration needed! 
Because the word veneer is light and I adhered it to a darker base, it didn't require any alteration. 

A final quick bow and it was complete!

 ***


Now for the REALLY easy one! 
Again I selected 3 co-ordinating papers and added them in a pleasing manner to my 5x6.5 card base ...  after inking the edges. 

Then I chose my Happy Holidays chipboard which is approximately 5" wide by 3.2" high. I altered this piece with walnut stain and dried it using my heat gun. .. quick and easy. 

I adhered the sentiment to my card base. 
Then for a little pizazz, I added a pink flower and some pearls. 

This one was quick, quick so I recommend keeping. these types of sentiments in your stash for those times when you need a fast card! Just duplicate my steps and you are all done. 

Thanks for coming by today. 
I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas! 

Sandi



Creative Embellishments products used: 



1 comment: