Friday, May 20, 2022

"Endurance" ~ Creative Embellishments Canvas

 Hello, creative friends! 

Sandi Clarkson here with you today sharing a fun canvas board I created featuring a photo of my daughter and her twin boys. Since they are way too big for her to lift them, they stood on a couple of chairs to replicate their traditional Lift photo on their birthday. 




I started my canvas with my crackle background and let it air dry overnight. 
Tip: I usually prepare a couple of these at a time so that they will be ready for use. 

So, the next steps were printing a photo,  adding my color using 13 Arts mediums and then selecting some my chipboard as well as florals because they would be instrumental in supporting the photo. 



I really wanted to use the new Delicate floral Frame, so I stained that with Walnut ink and then hit it a few times with 13 Arts Pearl Gold spray. Because it was so much larger than my photo, I used it as more of a base layer but it still provided the enhancement of my focal area that I needed.



Sometimes I forget to make use of all the lovely Flourishes in the CE Store, so I ordered some new ones recently to keep them more front of mind. I selected the Flourish Set 18 for today's project. It was gessoed and then painted with a mix of paint from 13 Arts. For consistency, I also used some of the Pearl Gold mist on this chippy as well. 



There are some awesome new pieces in the chipboard selections, so I snagged a word from the new Determination Word Set and used that as my title. Along with that, I also ordered some of the new Boho Arrows. I thought the straight one helped to anchor my title and then the more circular one I save for my photo area.  When I ordered these, I was reminded of Psalms 127:3-5 regarding how blessed we are with a quiver full of children. This is my daughter's mantra. 



Here is the second piece of the flourish set and also a bit of the Delicate Floral Frame. 



Although I had intended to use some other kind of embellishments, as I worked I just gravitated to the florals and then didn't really have need of the Ephemera I had chosen. My photo was matted with paper form the new 13 Arts Industrial Zone collection. For texture, I've used cheesecloth, florals, pearls and of course chipboard. 



After adding some pearls, I splattered and dabbed the canvas with watered down white paint. 



Isn't that Arrow just the cutest? 
As are my sweet tiny flowers, all from 49 and Market. 



One quick photo near the top visualizing the Flourish and the Floral Frame. 

That's it for me today! 
Be sure and leave a comment if you have any this project or about Creative Embellishments. 

See you next time! 
Sandi


Creative Embellishments products used: 

Flourish Set 18






No comments:

Post a Comment