Thursday, May 26, 2022

Cards for any occasion! ~ Creative Embellishments

 Hello, everyone! 
How are you doing during this busy month of May? 
It's really busy for me but I am grateful to be able to be out and about after the past few years. 

If you have been around for awhile, you may remember that I have about 12 birthday people just in my family alone during May and June! 
So, I need to get in gear and ramp up my card making while keeping it simple. 



This is what I came up with yesterday. My focus was specifically on a couple of favorites: the ever perfect Fern Frame and the oh, so cute: Hello Sunshine chippy. 

For papers, I went with Prima's Pumpkin and Spice collection but avoided the Fall and pumpkin elements. For the card backgrounds, I've used the great green ledger paper and my focal elements were fussy cut from the notecards. 



As I already mentioned, my goal was to feature simple card making designs. So, for this awesome butterfly card, I altered the Fern Frame chipboard with walnut stain. While that was drying, I added the ledger paper to a pre-cut card base and randomly stamped with brown archival ink and the wonderful Distressed Moroccan Stamp

Next, I fussy cut the butterfly and foliage image and adhered it to the back of the frame. Then I adhered that to corrugated cardboard for height and dimensions. I also fussy cut the sweet bow and added that with a foam square. My Happy Birthday title is from 13 Arts and is also elevated on corrugated cardboard. 

Lastly, I added a few florals and rhinestones. I'm really loving the clean, summer vibe!




Next up, I've used the same ideas but did not use the Distressed Moroccan Stamp for this one. I added the die cut paper with the bright sunflower and felt that was enough. My Hello Sunshine title was again altered with walnut stain. I lined it up with a line on the ledger background and there you go! For embellishment, I added one floral and 5 or 6 rhinestones. 

If you are like myself, choosing the paper is the hard part! 
But ... Playing with chipboard is FUN! 

Hopefully, you are inspired to make some quick cards for any upcoming occasion that you may have. 

Creative Embellishments products used: 
Chipboard: 
Stamp:

See you next time! 
Sandi


No comments:

Post a Comment